Live updates

Nottingham Forest Supporters Trust to make statement about takeover collapse

Nottingham Forest SupportersTrust have told ITV News Central that they will be making a full statement today regarding the takeover collapse and the future of the club.

US Multi-millionaire businessman John Moores had been in talks to buy the club, however it was confirmed last night that negotiations had broken down.

In a statement released on the club's website Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi said: "It is with great regret and disappointment that the club announces today that, despite much speculation in the media, all negotiations in regard to a partial sale of the club to US owners have come to an end."

"We feel strongly that we have acted in good faith on behalf of the club and its fans and that such a deal as it stands is not in the interests of the long-term future of the club."

Advertisement

  1. James Clark

Breaking: Nottingham Forest transfer embargo lifted

More details to follow..

Aston Villa wait on Lansbury bid

Henri Lansbury Credit: PA

Aston Villa are still waiting to discover if their bid for Henri Lansbury will be accepted.

A £3million offer for the Nottingham Forest captain remains on the table as Steve Bruce looks to revamp his squad.

Midfielder Lansbury is out of contract in the summer and was not included in Forest's squad to face Wigan in the FA Cup on Saturday because of a hamstring injury.

Derby are also reportedly interested in the former Arsenal youngster, who has 19 appearances for Forest this season and joined from the Gunners in 2012.

Bruce is looking to revive his squad after replacing Roberto Di Matteo in October but will not allow Ross McCormack to go out on loan after Villa paid Fulham £12million for the striker in the summer.

Advertisement

HALF-TIME: Barnsley 2 - 3 Nottingham Forest

Henri Lansbury celebrates scoring his side's first goal of the game. Credit: PA Images

It's been a five goal thriller so far tonight with Nottingham Forest leading against Barnsley.

Sam Winnall opened for the home side before Henri Lansbury leveled with a free-kick.

Then Marley Watkins pulled it back before Apostolos Vellios equalised ten minutes later for Forest.

First-half injury time and a minute in Lansbury again put the visitors in the lead.

Nottingham Forest head coach set to serve two-match touchline ban

Philippe Montanier Credit: Clint Hughes EMPICS Sport

Nottingham Forest Head Coach Philippe Montanier will serve a two match touch-line ban after being charged with improper conduct.

It relates to an incident involving the Frenchman during Forest's 2-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday last month. He will have to sit in the stands for their games against Birmingham and Blackburn.

The FA released the following statement:

Philippe Montanier will serve a two-match touchline ban with immediate effect after he was charged with misconduct following the game against Sheffield Wednesday on 24 September 2016.

It is alleged that after the game finished, the Nottingham Forest Manager, who was also fined £3,000, used abusive and/or insulting words towards a Match Official.

The charge was found proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing.

– Football Association statement
Load more updates