Live updates

'Save Our NHS' march arrives in Nottinghamshire

Today, the '999 Save Our NHS' march arrives in Mansfield Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA Wire/Press Association Images

A three hundred mile protest march by campaigners fighting to save the future of the NHS arrives in Nottinghamshire today.

More than 35 women supported by hundreds of followers set off from the North East earlier this month on the route of the 1936 Jarrow March.

Today, the '999 Save Our NHS' march arrives in Mansfield. The group aims to protect the health service from privatisation and to keep it safe for future generations.

Advertisement

Missing woman with Alzheimers found safe & well

Police say a woman who went missing in Nottinghamshire earlier today has been found safe and well.

81-year-old Joyce Hughes has Alzheimers Disease, was reported missing from her home in Southwell in Nottinghamshire.

  1. National

'Number 10 Downing Street' could be yours for £40,000

Number 10 Downing Street has gone up for auction - in Nottinghamshire.

The Sutton-In-Ashfield property, which bears little resemblance to its famous namesake, has a guide price of £40,000.

The Number 10 Downing Street for sale in Nottinghamshire and its famous namesake. Credit: SWNS

The Zoopla listing for the end terrace house calls it an "ideal opportunity for the investor."

The three-floor, double bedroom home goes up for auction on 4 September.

Man who died in attack in Nottinghamshire identified

Richard Rovetto from Arnold suffered serious injuries after he was attacked in Nottinghamshire Credit: Nottinghamshire Police

A man who died after an assault in Top Valley in Nottinghamshire has been identified.

Richard Rovetto from Arnold suffered serious injuries after he was attacked in Bestwood Park Drive in the early hours of Sunday.

The 29-year-old was taken to the Queen's Medical Centre where he later died.

A 26-year-old man has been charged with manslaughter and is due before magistrates later.

Advertisement

  1. National

Ministry of Justice: HMP Ranby disturbance has ended

A disturbance involving prisoners at HMP Ranby has ended according to the Ministry of Justice.

A disturbance at HMP Ranby has ended, the Ministry of Justice said. Credit: Dave Higgens/PA Wire

The department said in a statement: "The disturbance at HMP Ranby has ended safely. No staff or prisoners injured. Visits tomorrow will take place as normal."

Ranby Prison: Chronic staff shortfalls - claim

Glyn Travis, Assistant Secretary of the Prison Officers' Association (POA) said today's disturbance was "no surprise" to the POA.

"It's all down to chronic staff shortfalls and a management that are hell-bent on delivering things they can't deliver safely. Prisoners are saying 'We're not dealing with this'. "They will react."

– GLYN TRAVIS, PRISON OFFICERS' ASSOCIATION
Load more updates