The 47-year-old Scot is the third head coach relieved of his duties by the club's owners.Read the full story ›
Details of Lambert's reign in charge. He was sacked last night after just 2 wins in 21 games.Read the full story ›
Aston Villa manager, Paul Lambert has added extra spice to Monday’s derby with West Bromwich Albion, by insisting his club are bigger.Read the full story ›
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert feels the club are still "years away" from where they want to be - but has no doubt they are firmly heading in the right direction.
We have not got the same resources as Liverpool - you look at the spending Liverpool can do compared to ourselves and we can't do that.
But what we have got is a great football club, a great fanbase behind us and we have a team that I think is proud to be here. I think that is vital for us.
We are still years away from where we want to get to, but we are certainly getting there.
It is still early, but we have got a lot of confidence at the minute.
The ones that were here last year have grown into it. They know what the league is like.
The new ones are now part of that and will grow into it.
Paul Lambert has appointed Scott Marshall as first team coach ahead of pre-season training next week.
"Scott worked with me at Wycombe and he has really good mannerisms about himself, a very professional approach and he will enhance everything," said Paul Lambert.
"It takes time to build a team and you also need time to build the staff around you."
During a 10-year spell at Arsenal, Marshall was part of the squad that won the Premier League double in 1998, in addition to the league title in 1991, and the FA Cup and League Cup in 1993.
He was named Arsenal’s young player of the year in 1996.
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has no fresh injury concerns for Monday's crunch clash with fellow strugglers Sunderland at Villa Park.
Striker Gabriel Agbonlahor played the full 90 minutes in their defeat by Manchester United on his return from a groin injury, leaving Lambert with only long-term absentees to worry about.
Chairman of Aston Villa Football Club, Randy Lerner, has reaffirmed his support for Paul Lambert.
Mr Lerner has emphasised in particular the qualities which convinced the Villa Board to appoint the Lambert last summer.
In the time that I’ve come to know Paul what is clear above all else is his strength of character and belief in his approach to football. Fortunes can shift quickly in this game and a sense that one has it right can become grave doubt in a matter of a few games.
The Villa Board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the Club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability by reshaping the squad with seven new signings in the summer.
After much criticism of recent matches, incumbent manager Paul Lambert says Villa's current form is hurting him, but he's determined to meet the upcoming challenges head on.
Aston Villa will take on Newcastle United tomorrow evening at home, after recent losses against Millwall and Bradford.
Following last night's heartbreak Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says his side may never have had a better chance to get to Wembley.
Despite winning 2 - 1 Villa failed to overturn a 3 - 1 first leg deficit to League 2 Bradford City. Lambert says the players are hurting as much as the fans are.
Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has been given a one-match touchline ban and an £8,000 fine by the FA.
It is understood Lambert's charge emanated from an incident involving the match officials in the tunnel immediately after the match at the Etihad Stadium.
Lambert later revealed to the media his frustration that striker Andreas Weimann was penalised for a dubious-looking handball, which resulted in City's second goal from the penalty spot.
Lambert admitted the charge and as a result will have to sit in the stands during this weekend's match against Arsenal.
The Football Association released a statement today:
"Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has admitted a breach of FA Rule E3.
"It relates to language and/or behaviour amounting to improper conduct following his side’s game at Manchester City on 17 November 2012.
"Lambert accepted the standard penalty for the charge and will now serve a one-match touchline ban to commence with immediate effect.
"He has also been fined £8,000."