Cities like Peterborough should receive more money from the government because of the support needed for children who speak English as a second language according to the local MP.
Stewart Jackson will lead a debate in Parliament today in which he'll call for an education premium for cities where children need support to learn English.
Detectives from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit are making a fresh appeal for the public's help to solve the 20 year old murder of 6-year old Rikki Neave in Peterborough.
At a press conference today Detectives spoke of advancements in forensic science and technological developments which could help with the investigation.
"We are therefore seeking the public's help and would particularly like to speak to people who came forward before but maybe did not tell us everything they knew or people who perhaps have information about the case but didn't want to talk to police at the time. It may be that you were a child at the time and didn't want to speak up but now, as an adult and perhaps a parent yourself, you feel it is time to do so."
Click below to watch a clip from the press conference with Det Supt Paul Fullwood
Cambridgeshire police are re-opening the case of the unsolved murder of 6-year old Rikki Neave in Peterborough in 1994.Read the full story ›
A woman whose headless torso was found inside a suitcase has been identified as police revealed they have discovered further body parts.
Officers found the body, which was missing its head, arms and legs, at a house in Mayor's Walk, Peterborough, on Friday.
Cambridgeshire Police today named the victim as Ramute Butkiene, 42, of Mayor's Walk.
Ms Butkiene was a mother-of-one, originally from Lithuania, who did agency work in and around the city, the force added.
The force has been searching for further remains and said "some body parts" have now been found in Peterborough but searches are continuing.
A spokesman said: "Family members in Peterborough and Lithuania have been informed and are being kept up to date by detectives on the investigation."
A 57-year-old man from Peterborough, believed to be Vitautas Jokubauskas, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
Anyone with information should contact the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
The post mortem on a woman's torso found hidden inside a suitcase at a house in Peterborough has failed to establish a cause of death.
A 57 year-old man from Peterborough is still in custody on suspicion of murder. Magistrates granted police an extension this morning.
Police are still searching for the missing body parts.
Police have released a picture of a man they want to trace in connection with a murder inquiry in Peterborough.
Officers want to find Lithuanian national Vitautas Jokubauskas, 57, who had been letting the property in Mayor’s Walk where the body of a woman was found yesterday.
Detectives have now confirmed the body had no arms, legs or head and was found in a suitcase.
The last reported sighting of Mr Jokubauskas was on May 30 when he was taken to work in Huntingdon by a friend.
The body has not been identified, however, police are keen to trace a woman, believed to be Mr Jokubauskas’ partner, who is only described as being about 40, slim, with black hair and also Lithuanian.
No further details on her are known at this time.
A cordon has been put up at the property in Mayor’s Walk and police, including scenes of crime officers, remain at the premises.
Police say they're very concerned for the welfare of Mr Jokubauskas' partner.
"Investigations are ongoing to determine where this murder took place and our priorities are to locate Mr Jokubauskas and identify the body.
I would urge anyone who thinks they have seen Mr Jokubauskas or recognises the description of his partner to contact police as soon as possible. Anyone who sees him should not approach him and should contact police immediately.”
Detectives have launched a murder inquiry after a woman's body was found in Peterborough.
Officers were called to a house in Mayor's Walk just after 12.30pm yesterday.
They found a body without arms, legs or head inside a suitcase.
More details to follow
Parents and children at Oundle Primary near Peterborough have made a video to campaign against proposals which could mean the school loses use of the land.
Northamptonshire County Council is replacing the middle school with one primary to create a two tier system and says it'll leave too much land for the number of pupils and is looking at other uses for it.
The idea of disposing of school land is controversial but not unusual.
Between 2001 and 2010 the Government gave approval to change the use of 242 playing fields across the UK.
In the last five years there have been 103 earmarked, with the largest numbers seen in 2013 and 2014...where 61 were given approval to be disposed of.
Click below to watch a report from ITV News Anglia's Sarah Cooper
The boss of Thomas Cook will today meet the family of two young children killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in Corfu.
Peter Fankhauser, chief executive of the travel firm, has admitted the company failed in its handling of the tragedy and pledged to help the children's parents move on with their lives.
He issued a public apology to them as the company seeks to halt a mounting reputational crisis over the way it has treated the family since the incident.
Speaking after the release of Thomas Cook's half-year results, Mr Fankhauser also vowed to apologise directly to the family of Bobby and Christi, from Horbury, near Wakefield, who died at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel on the Greek holiday island in 2006 when they were overcome by fumes from a faulty boiler.
Some customers have threatened to boycott Thomas Cook after it emerged that the firm received around £3 million compensation from the hotel chain responsible for the incident, and following criticisms from the family.
Thomas Cook said earlier this week that it would donate £1.5 million to the charity Unicef, while the remaining £1.5 million went to its insurers for underwriting legal fees.
But the children's parents, Neil Shepherd and Sharon Wood, hit out at the firm, saying they had not been consulted by Thomas Cook about the donation to Unicef.
The family have a particular children's charity they have been supporting and to which relatives and friends have been donating in Bobby and Christi's memory.
A Thomas Cook spokeswoman confirmed that the meeting would take place today but had no information on the timing or location.