The Midlands Air Ambulance has been called out to a supermarket in Worcestershire after a man was injured in an incident involving a cherry picker.
It happened during work being carried out in the car park of the Sainsbury's store at Enfield in Redditch. It's thought the cherry picker may have collapsed.
The supermarket is currently closed for refurbishment. The helicopter arrived at the scene at 12.25pm, and the injured man was treated for a suspected pelvic injury.
A woman has been found guilty of not acting to prevent the death of her baby daughter in Redditch.
Isabella Vallance was 12 weeks old and died from head injuries following an attack by her father, Tyler Vallance. He admitted grievous bodily harm and manslaughter earlier this year.
Isabella's mother Jessica Wiggins has been cleared of child cruelty but was today convicted for failing to prevent Isabella's death. The pair are due to be sentenced next month.
A school in Worcestershire which was forced to close after a suspected outbreak of Norovirus is due to reopen today.
70 students and staff became ill last week at the Birchensale Middle School in Redditch.
The building has had a large scale clean over the weekend.
A school in Redditch has been closed following an outbreak of the winter norovirus which has affected more than 70 pupils and several members of staff.
Birchensale Middle School on Bridley Moor Road is closed while a deep clean of the premises is carried out.
It is expected to re-open on Monday following discussions between the school and Redditch Borough Council.
This decision has been taken due to an outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting in the community, which has affected the school. This decision has been made with the local authority....
The health and safety of our staff and pupils continue to be of the utmost importance.
Parents have been issued with advice to help reduce the spread of infection.
Symptoms of the norovirus include diarrhoea and vomiting.
A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire began at a block of flats in Winslow Close, Redditch.
The fire which was reported at 7pm on Saturday caused around sixty residents to be evacuated from their homes.
One person required hospital treatment for smoke inhalation and several others have been re-housed in temporary accommodation due to smoke damage.
It is believed that the fire started at a property in the middle of the block but fortunately the fire was contained and did not cause any major damage.
An investigation is underway after a fire at a block of bungalows in Redditch in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It's thought to have started at the back of the buildings on Johnson Close before spreading and damaging three terraced bungalows as the fire spread through the roof space.
Five elderly people were treated at the scene and four people have been re-housed.
“At the moment we are treating this incident as suspicious and we will work closely with the fire service to establish the exact cause of the fire. Following this incident we will be increasing patrols in the area. We are keen to speak to anyone who may have information that will help with this investigation.”
Salsa dancing, magicians, and cake are among just some of the activities on offer today as the Kingfisher Shopping Centre in Redditch turns 40.
A street party-style celebration will be held at the centre to mark the occasion.
Line dancing, Latin and ballroom dancing, tea and live music will also be on offer - with the Mayor of Redditch helping to cut a birthday cake at 11am.
As one MS sufferer fights to get the UK's first legal cannabis-based treatment, are people being forced to self-medicate with illegal drugs?Read the full story ›
A woman from Worcestershire with Multiple Sclerosis has criticised the NHS after being denied a drug which could improve her quality of life.
Health bosses in Redditch told Yvette Hodges they are not convinced the drug Sativex is value for money - despite it being available in other parts of the country.
A football referee has been banned for life for allegedly head butting a fellow referee during a junior football match.Read the full story ›