Actor Richard Griffiths, who's best known for playing Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films, has died at the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire.
He's undergone heart surgery but died from complications following the operation.
The South Warwickshire-based actor was 65 years old.
Griffiths, had a long career on stage and screen, with numerous roles including work with the Royal Shakespeare Company based in Stratford-upon-Avon..
Daniel Radcliffe, who played Harry Potter alongside Richard Griffiths, led tributes to the actor whose "encouragement, tutelage and humour" made work a joy to work with.
Here are some of Richard Griffiths' most famous roles on screen and stage:
- Hector, the teacher, in Alan Bennett's play The History Boys
- Uncle Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films
- Mr Bayham Badger in the 2005 TV adaptation of Charles Dickens's Bleak House
- Inspector Henry Crabbe, policeman and pie chef, in TV series Pie In The Sky
- Swelter in TV series Gormenghast
- Uncle Monty in film Withnail and I
- Head porter at Caius College in film Chariots of Fire