The warning from the Midlands mother, after her son was rushed to hospital when he accidentally swallowed a liquid washing tab.
An investigation is continuing today into a campsite tragedy which left a teenage girl dead.
A girl has died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and 3 others are in hospital.
Campaign groups are joining together at Birmingham Children’s Hospital today to urge parents to take action to ensure their children are protected from potentially dangerous cleaning products in the home.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) and the UK Cleaning Products Association (UKCPI) are working together to change packaging and improve safety so that injuries are prevented in young children.
The groups will be targeting families with toddlers and have produced handy magnetic notepads which feature key safety advice to prevent accidental poisonings from everyday items. They will be distributed to 60,000 families across the city and surrounding areas.
RoSPA say there were 606 children treated at hospitals across Birmingham and Solihull for accidental poisonings involving household cleaning products or medication last year.
– Department of Business
"The issue was recently discussed at the October meeting of the European Commission's Consumer Safety network and it was agreed that the current warning on packaging which says "do not use indoors" does not go far enough. The standards are going to be modified so that they provide mandatory safety warnings placed in a prominent position and directly onto packaging."
Speaking on ITV Daybreak, Stephanie Trotter, President of the Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society, said:
"Any fuel that burns that is carbon based can give off carbon monoxide gas, which is absolutely deadly, even in tiny amounts.
"You might think the flames have gone down but it's still burning.
"Never, ever take anything like that into a tent or a house."
In response to a question about the absence of labelling on disposal barbecues, in particular, Stephanie says:
"I checked in my local garden centre and they all say don't use indoors but that implies it is to do with fire, not carbon monoxide poisoning.
"We've been saying since 1995 there should be TV warnings about this. When this charity started, no one would talk to us, except families of the victims.
"They told us they were ill or there child died ad they had no idea what carbon monoxide poisoning was'
"It cannot be sensed. Less than two per cent of carbon monoxide can kill you in two to three minute.
"The first breath might make you woozy, the second might make you unconscious and the third breath means you are dead.
"Why are we not being warned. Why is industry and government doing so little. We've been asking for this for 20 years."
There's more on this story here on ITV News
Tributes have been paid to a girl who died at a Shropshire campsite after apparently becoming overcome with carbon monoxide fumes from a barbecue.
The youngster has been named locally as Hannah Thomas-Jones.
Friends of a teenage girl who was killed in a campsite tragedy, thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue, have been putting tributes on a Facebook page.
The teenager was named locally as Hannah Thomas-Jones.
David Walker, head of Leisure Safety at RoSPA - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - says unless tents have a specific area for cooking, barbecues should be used outside in well ventilated areas so fumes can be dispersed into the air.