Live updates

Camper says the family took a stove into the tent because it was cold

Fellow camper Geoff Brookes from Kidderminster, said the family had taken a barbecue stove into one of the tents because it was cold.

We heard they had taken a barbecue stove into the tent. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. There was nothing they could do for the girl.

– Geoff Brookes

The scene remains cordoned off tonight.

Advertisement

Witness: Teenage girl's death 'devastating'

Phil Wright, who owns a pub near a campsite in which a teenage girl died has said that the group were "concerned" when nobody in the family's tent awoke this morning.

The girl died from suspected carbon-monoxide poisoning, while three other people have been taken to hospital. Mr Wright said:

They had gone into the tent and found them all unconscious. One of the sisters came and said, 'we need an ambulance urgently' The emergency services were on the scene within five minutes. They worked on the girl for some time but they couldn't save her.

It has been devastating. It is really tragic. Nobody has done anything wrong, they have just not realised the dangers of disposable barbecues.

– Phil Wright

Campsite where girl has died and 3 others taken to hospital

A girl has died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite in Bucknall in Shropshire. Credit: Caters

A girl has died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite in Bucknall in Shropshire.

An 11 year old boy, a man and a woman have also been taken to hospital in serious conditions.

Police say they are treating the death as suspicious.

Police say they aren't treating campsite death as suspicious

A girl has died at a campsite in Shropshire from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

It happened in Bucknall this morning.

An 11 year-old boy and a man and a woman are also in hospital.

We are treating the girl's death as unexplained, but at this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.

– Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade, West Mercia Police

Girl dies in campsite

A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.

It happened at a camp site in Bucknall this morning.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews arrived at the campsite to find CPR being carried out on a girl who was in cardiac arrest.

Sadly, despite their best efforts nothing could be done to save the girl and she was confirmed dead on scene."

An 11 year-old boy was also found to be suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

He's been airlifted to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital for emergency treatment.

A woman and a man were also given oxygen and were taken to hospital.

Advertisement

Load more updates