A man has been rescued after falling down a trench while taking a short cut in Shrewsbury.Read the full story ›
A survey by a leading property website has found that homeowners in Shrewsbury are the happiest in the West Midlands with their properties.Read the full story ›
Eloise Parry's mother has urged others not to follow in her daughter's footsteps after an inquest into the student's death found she had accidentally taken an overdose of highly toxic diet pills containing the drug DNP.
Speaking outside the inquest today Fiona Parry said: "Eloise decided that even though she'd been told DNP was dangerous being slimmer was worth the risk. She was wrong.
"If anything it was even more dangerous than she'd been told. DNP - do not purchase, do no partake, do not please, death's not pleasant."
ITV News Correspondent Ben Chapman reports:
The death of a student who died after taking diet pills has put the dangers of taking unprescribed substances in the spotlight.Read the full story ›
Former slimming drug user Abigail Davies explains the dangers of toxic diet pill drug DNP saying it 'feels like you're on fire.'Read the full story ›
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society has told ITV News that people buying so-called diet pills online are "playing Russian Roulette with their life".
In an interview, pharmacist Neil Patel said:
"If you buy diet pills online you are playing Russian Roulette with your life.
You are actually buying products that have been banned in the UK because they cause serious life threatening side-effects such as heart attacks and strokes."
The mother of Eloise Parry, who died after taking DNP, appeals to others not to make the same 'bad choice' that cost her daughter's life.Read the full story ›
The mother of Eloise Parry from Shrewsbury, who died from an accidental diet pill overdose, urges others to learn from her mistake.Read the full story ›
A coroner has said he will write to the health minister about the "toxic and fatal" drug dinitrophenol, also known as DNP, after ruling that 21-year-old Eloise Parry died of an accidental overdose of the 'diet pill'.
Senior Coroner for Shropshire, John Ellery, said: "What is clear, is she took DNP in relation to her eating disorder, and her death was an accidental consequence."
This is a clearly a dangerous, toxic and fatal substance which should not be accessible and certainly not to persons seeking online self-prescribed medication.
He added: "If the minister considers it appropriate to see whether DNP should be a classified substance that would be an appropriate outcome from this inquest."
A coroner has ruled that Eloise Parry's death was caused by accidental drug overdose during an inquest.
Adding there was no evidence to suggest it was suicide.
The 21-year-old died at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital in April after taking a dangerous number of a banned diet pill. Prompting police to issue a warning about the dangers of buying medicines and supplements online.
Officers from West Mercia Police said tablets taken by Miss Parry were believed to include a quantity of dinitrophenol, also known as DNP.