Sofia Romero from Leicestershire is in the Guinness World Record for having the fastest time to escape from a straitjacket.
Today's release of the 2013 Guinness World Records lists a number of record breakers from the Midlands. Here are a few more with the rest posted here:
- Most push ups in one minute with a 40 lb pack, most push ups in one minute carrying an 80 lb pack & most step ups in one minute with a 100 lb pack - West Midlands
- Fastest marathon in a nurse's uniform (male) - West Midlands
- Longest tongue - West Midlands
- Largest chocolate bar - Derbyshire
- Highest altitude by taxi - Staffordshire
- Longest journey by taxi - Staffordshire
- Most Toe Wrestling World Championships won - Men - Stoke on Trent
- Oldest newspaper delivery person- female - Shrewsbury
The 2013 Guinness World Records is released today and has revealed the details of record breakers living in the Midlands. They include:
- Largest garden spade - Worcestershire
- Most microlights flying simultaneously - Telford
- Heaviest onion & heaviest potato - Two individual records - Nottinghamshire
- Oldest active boxer - Nottinghamshire
- Fastest escape from a straitjacket - Leicestershire
- Most gravy wrestling wins - Leicestershire
- Largest trousers - Leicestershire
- Heaviest weight lifted with an eye socket - Leicestershire
- Fastest marathon dressed as a fairy - Leicestershire
- Youngest person to row the Indian Ocean solo (female) & first female to row the Indian Ocean solo - Leicestershire
- Longest tongue - West Midlands
- Fastest cycle across Europe (North Cape to Tarifa) - individual - Leicestershire
- Oldest living bearded dragon - Leicestershire
- Oldest locomotive roundhouse - Derbyshire
- Longest rail grind - snowboard - Staffordshire
- Oldest wing walker - West Midlands
- Fastest marathon in a nurse's uniform (male)
The latest edition of the Guinness World Records Book has been published with the Midlands claiming many records.Read the full story ›
Coventry City have confirmed it's "parted company" with manager Andy Thorn.
In a statement on the Club's website, Chief executive Tim Fisher said:
"We have not taken this decision lightly. We recognised that last season there were off-the-field matters that affected team affairs and felt it was right and proper to give Andy the chance to put that right over the course of the summer and the start of the season."
“We do not feel that has happened. Of course, the fact that we have surrendered the lead in the first three league games has not helped but there are several other factors in this decision – not just three disappointing results."
The statement also said that Assistant manager Richard Shaw and first team coach Lee Carsley will take temporary charge of team affairs.
It's being reported that Coventry City have sacked their manager Andy Thorn.
The Sky Blues were relegated to the third tier of English football last season and in this year's campaign have played two games and drawn them both.
Speaking after yesterday's game against Bury, Thorn described his team's second half performance as 'unacceptable'.
More to follow.
Birmingham City have signed midfielder Ravel Morrison on a season-long loan from West Ham United.
The 19-year-old has previously played as an England Under 18 and started his career in the Youth Team at Manchester United.
He's leaving West Ham, who were promoted back up to the Premier League last season, to gain more first team experience.
Morrison will be given the first-team squad number 12 while at St. Andrew's.
Coventry City have signed centre-back Kevin Malaga on a three-year deal.
It's after his contract expired at French club Nice. It's thought he'll join the Sky Blues in time for their pre-season tour of Scotland.
Birmingham-born Chelsea footballer Daniel Sturridge is undergoing tests for viral meningitis.
The 22-year-old, who's been selected for the GB Olympic squad, was taken ill over the weekend.
People can recover from viral meningitis within a fortnight and Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo says Sturridge is hopeful of recovering in time for London 2012.
Sturridge played for Aston Villa and Coventry City as a youth player.
West Bromwich Albion have completed the signing of goalkeeper Ben Foster.Read the full story ›