There are delays on the M5 and M6 in the West Midlands this evening.
- M5 Southbound: There are delays, with one lane closed and queueing traffic due to emergency repairs between Junction 3 A456 (Halesowen / Birmingham) and Junction 4 A38 (Bromsgrove / Stourbridge).
- M5 Northbound: One lane is blocked and there is slow traffic due to a broken down vehicle between Junction 5 A38 (Droitwich / Wychbold) and Junction 4A M42. In the roadworks area.
- M6 Northbound: There are delays and one lane is closed causing queueing traffic. This is due to emergency repairs between Junction 3 A456 (Halesowen / Birmingham) and Junction 4 A38 (Bromsgrove / Stourbridge).
A4123 Birmingham New Road Southbound blocked, slow traffic due to accident and recovery work between B4483 Vicarage Road and A457 Sedgley Road, congestion to A463 Shaw Road / Shaw Road.
Police directing traffic.
One lane is closed and there is very slow traffic due to an accident on the M42 Northbound between Junction 5 A41 / A4141 (Solihull / Knowle) and Junction 6 A45 (Birmingham Airport / Coventry).
There's congestion up to Junction 3 A435 (Portway / Redditch).
Traffic is now easing on the A38(M) Aston Expressway outbound after an earlier accident.
There was congestion between B4132 Waterlinks Boulevard / Victoria Road (Park Circus) and M6 J6 (Spaghetti Junction).
The A38M Aston Expressway is blocked coming out of Birmingham with very slow traffic due to an accident between Park Circus and Spaghetti Junction.
It's causing congestion up to A38 Aston Road / A4540 Newtown Middleway (Dartmouth Circus).
There is slow traffic and one lane is closed on the M5 Southbound due to a broken down vehicle between Junction 3 A456 (Halesowen / Birmingham) and Junction 4 A38 (Bromsgrove / Stourbridge).
The A454 in Bridgnorth in Shropshire has now re-opened in both directions. Recovery work is now complete and the accident between B4363 and Stratford Lane has cleared.
The A454 in Bridgnorth in Shropshire is closed in both directions due to recovery work and an earlier accident involving eight vehicles between B4363 and Stratford Lane.
The accident happened outside the Swancote Country Club around 19:30 last night. The incident is affecting traffic between Bridgnorth and Worfield.
The A50 Eastbound in Derbyshire is closed due to an accident involving a car and pedestrian. It happened between Junction 4 A38 / B5008 Etwall Road (Toyota Island) and Junction 3 A514 Swarkestone Road (Swadlincote / Melbourne).
The following diversion is in place:
- Go via the A38 north towards Derby
- At the junction with the A5111 head east to the A6
- Take the A6 south and re-join the A50 at J2
A serious lorry accident on A612 at Colwick in Nottingham has caused the Loop road to close.
Both directions have shut between the Racecourse Road and Victoria Park Way.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area and severe delays are expected for most of this morning.