West Bromwich Albion are close to securing Hull midfielder Jake Livermore.
The club have reportedly paid around 10million for the 27-year-old, who is close to becoming the Baggies first signing of the transfer window.
The Tigers accepted Albion's second offer, with West Brom boss Tony Pulis looking to boost his squad after missing out on Morgan Schneiderlin, who joined Everton from Manchester United earlier this month.
Derby County travel to West Bromwich Albion in the Third Round of the FA Cup this weekend.
Derby boss Steve McClaren says he wants to see his side return quickly back to winning ways after they lost on Monday for the first time in 10 games.
Meanwhile, West Brom are in fine form having won their last two Premier League matches.
It is the first time the two sides have met in almost seven years.
West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster has signed a new contract with the club.Read the full story ›
West Brom boss Tony Pulis refused to discuss the Baggies' bid for Morgan Schneiderlin but confirmed they have made offers for several players.
Albion have tabled a club-record bid for Manchester United midfielder Schneiderlin, which Press Association Sport understands to be worth around £18million.
Schneiderlin has played just eight times for United this season having moved from Southampton for £25million in 2015.
Everton have also been linked with the France international but Pulis remained tight-lipped over any West Brom deal.
We have made bids for four or five players, we won't talk about them today. We will talk about them if we get them." he said.
I don't want to go into it specifically, doing deals and business with people you should deal directly with them. Once they are done you can talk about them more openly. That's the way I prefer to conduct my business.
We'll be spending a bit of money left over from the previous window, then moving on from there. They are very keen to keep the club running financially positively. They feel they can if they manage it properly.
West Brom and Watford have been charged with misconduct by the Football Association following Saturday's Premier League match at The Hawthorns.
Watford forward Roberto Pereyra was sent off six minutes from the end of West Brom's 3-1 win when he reacted angrily to a James McClean challenge.
The incident resulted in both sets of players clashing on the touchline.
An FA statement read: "Both West Bromwich Albion and Watford have been charged for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.
"It follows an incident in the 84th minute of the game on Saturday December 3 2016.
"Both clubs have until 6pm December 8 2016 to respond to the charge."
Earlier on Monday Manchester City and Chelsea were charged with failing to control their players after the bad-tempered conclusion to Saturday's clash.
The Albion head coach says he denies claims made about him in a Court ruling, ordering him to pay £3.7 million to Crystal PalaceRead the full story ›
West Brom Albion striker Saido Berahino is to return to a conditioning camp as he struggles to regain fitness following "period of turmoil"Read the full story ›
- Leicester 0-0 West Brom
Jonny Evans will return from suspension for West Brom against Manchester CityRead the full story ›