Live updates

Advertisement

Advertisement

Build up of petrol vapours said to be cause of house fire

Our investigators have carried out a thorough examination of the scene.

We believe that the explosion and resulting fire followed a build up of petrol vapours inside the property.

The incident is not being treated as suspicious, and no-one other than the victim is believed to have been involved.

We will now submit a report to HM Coroner.

– A spokesperson for West Midlands Fire Service
Load more updates