The biggest collection of Ferraris ever to have gathered today. A total of 964 of the Italian sports cars paraded around Silverstone, beating the previous world record of 490 cars made at a Japanese race trace in 2008.
Formula one driver Felipe Massa led the parade. The company donated £5 for every car to a charity which supports employees from the motor industry and their families. It is estimated the collective value of the cars was £100 million.
The 2013 Guinness World Record has been released and there are quite a few entries from the Midlands.Read the full story ›
Sofia Romero from Leicestershire is in the Guinness World Record for having the fastest time to escape from a straitjacket.
Today's release of the 2013 Guinness World Records lists a number of record breakers from the Midlands. Here are a few more with the rest posted here:
- Most push ups in one minute with a 40 lb pack, most push ups in one minute carrying an 80 lb pack & most step ups in one minute with a 100 lb pack - West Midlands
- Fastest marathon in a nurse's uniform (male) - West Midlands
- Longest tongue - West Midlands
- Largest chocolate bar - Derbyshire
- Highest altitude by taxi - Staffordshire
- Longest journey by taxi - Staffordshire
- Most Toe Wrestling World Championships won - Men - Stoke on Trent
- Oldest newspaper delivery person- female - Shrewsbury
The 2013 Guinness World Records is released today and has revealed the details of record breakers living in the Midlands. They include:
- Largest garden spade - Worcestershire
- Most microlights flying simultaneously - Telford
- Heaviest onion & heaviest potato - Two individual records - Nottinghamshire
- Oldest active boxer - Nottinghamshire
- Fastest escape from a straitjacket - Leicestershire
- Most gravy wrestling wins - Leicestershire
- Largest trousers - Leicestershire
- Heaviest weight lifted with an eye socket - Leicestershire
- Fastest marathon dressed as a fairy - Leicestershire
- Youngest person to row the Indian Ocean solo (female) & first female to row the Indian Ocean solo - Leicestershire
- Longest tongue - West Midlands
- Fastest cycle across Europe (North Cape to Tarifa) - individual - Leicestershire
- Oldest living bearded dragon - Leicestershire
- Oldest locomotive roundhouse - Derbyshire
- Longest rail grind - snowboard - Staffordshire
- Oldest wing walker - West Midlands
- Fastest marathon in a nurse's uniform (male)
The latest edition of the Guinness World Records Book has been published with the Midlands claiming many records.Read the full story ›
Thousands of people are expected to gather in the West Midlands today to try and break the Guinness World Record for the most Bhangra dancers performing under one roof. There needs to be more than 2,100 people dancing together in traditional costume if they are to beat the current record.
Loughborough University Staff Cricket Club have broken the record for the world's longest cricket match, and are continuing on today.
The challenge is for charity, to raise money for the Harvey Staples Trust.
Keith Meeson from Staffordshire has finished a walk in aid of The Donna Louise Children's Hospice.
After walking 10 kilometres in a pair of clogs weighing 5 lbs, he has broken a new World Record.
The world record for walking 10 Kilometres in a pair of clogs has been broken by Keith Meeson from Staffordshire.
Weighing a total of 5lbs, Keith spent the week training by strapping weights to his feet.
The walk's been done in aid of The Donna Louise Children's Hospice.