19-month-old Harry Connolly died at home from dehydration and kidney failure after being sent home twice from Northampton General hospital.
His mother believes opportunities to save his life were missed.
Today, the hospital apologised to Harry's parents.
“We wish to offer our deepest sympathies to Harry’s parents and family and to say sorry to Mr and Mrs Connolly for the failings identified today by the coroner in the care of their son. The Trust fully accepts the narrative verdict.
“I would emphasise that,as the coroner noted during the inquest, we have already undertaken a full investigation into what happened and shared the results with Harry’s parents. Following that investigation we made a series of changes during the past year to the way we care for children as a result ofthe lessons learned from this case.”
More top news
Aston Villa came from behind to shock Liverpool at Wembley and book their place in the FA Cup final against Arsenal next month
A wannabe rapper from Birmingham has been jailed for six years, after a brutal knife attack left a 17-year-old boy scarred for life.
Clouds and showers around today and tomorrow.