Girl Dies At Campsite

A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.

View all 15 updates ›

Camper says the family took a stove into the tent because it was cold

Fellow camper Geoff Brookes from Kidderminster, said the family had taken a barbecue stove into one of the tents because it was cold.

We heard they had taken a barbecue stove into the tent. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. There was nothing they could do for the girl.

– Geoff Brookes

The scene remains cordoned off tonight.

More on this story