1. Central

Girl Dies At Campsite

A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.

View all 15 updates ›

Girl dies in campsite

A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.

It happened at a camp site in Bucknall this morning.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews arrived at the campsite to find CPR being carried out on a girl who was in cardiac arrest.

Sadly, despite their best efforts nothing could be done to save the girl and she was confirmed dead on scene."

An 11 year-old boy was also found to be suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

He's been airlifted to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital for emergency treatment.

A woman and a man were also given oxygen and were taken to hospital.

More on this story