Advertisement

Girl Dies At Campsite

A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.

View all 15 updates ›

Witness: Teenage girl's death 'devastating'

Phil Wright, who owns a pub near a campsite in which a teenage girl died has said that the group were "concerned" when nobody in the family's tent awoke this morning.

The girl died from suspected carbon-monoxide poisoning, while three other people have been taken to hospital. Mr Wright said:

They had gone into the tent and found them all unconscious. One of the sisters came and said, 'we need an ambulance urgently' The emergency services were on the scene within five minutes. They worked on the girl for some time but they couldn't save her.

It has been devastating. It is really tragic. Nobody has done anything wrong, they have just not realised the dangers of disposable barbecues.

– Phil Wright

More on this story