1. Central

Girl Dies At Campsite

A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.

View all 15 updates ›

Government comment on barbecue safety

"The issue was recently discussed at the October meeting of the European Commission's Consumer Safety network and it was agreed that the current warning on packaging which says "do not use indoors" does not go far enough. The standards are going to be modified so that they provide mandatory safety warnings placed in a prominent position and directly onto packaging."

– Department of Business

More on this story