Leicestershire Police have issued their results of today's operation using number plate recognition cameras to try and catch criminals.
Operation Utah saw:
- 50 vehicles stopped
- 2 arrested for fraud - this is important because Trading Standards data help police to arrest them - this would not have been possible in isolation
- A van stopped with 'street caution' for cannabis
- 2 vehicles stopped for having been involved in crimes - note: occupants checked out as 'OK'
- 5 vehicles seized
- 3 no insurance
- 1 no license (revoked)
- 1 linked to Fraud - relating to the aforementioned 2 arrested for fraud
- 5 prohibited from using the road due to being un-roadworthy
- 4 by VOSA
- 1 by Customs and Revenues for using red 'agricultural' diesel
- HM Courts Services - found and dealt with two people for non-payment of court fines
- 3 vehicles no MOT
- 1 vehicle for using mobile phone whilst driving
More top news
The woman in her thirties had to be cut out of her car and then airlifted to hospital after a collision in Powick.
Some warm spells of sunshine will develop during the day. However, an isolated heavy shower is possible towards the west.
Sunny spells likely for the afternoon. And feeling pleasantly warm away from the coast. Light easterly winds will keep coasts cooler.