Leicestershire Police have issued their results of today's operation using number plate recognition cameras to try and catch criminals.
Operation Utah saw:
- 50 vehicles stopped
- 2 arrested for fraud - this is important because Trading Standards data help police to arrest them - this would not have been possible in isolation
- A van stopped with 'street caution' for cannabis
- 2 vehicles stopped for having been involved in crimes - note: occupants checked out as 'OK'
- 5 vehicles seized
- 3 no insurance
- 1 no license (revoked)
- 1 linked to Fraud - relating to the aforementioned 2 arrested for fraud
- 5 prohibited from using the road due to being un-roadworthy
- 4 by VOSA
- 1 by Customs and Revenues for using red 'agricultural' diesel
- HM Courts Services - found and dealt with two people for non-payment of court fines
- 3 vehicles no MOT
- 1 vehicle for using mobile phone whilst driving
More top news
A mother described how her son tried desperately to save a 5-year-old boy who died at Bosworth Water Park in Leicestershire.
A number of individuals have been jailed after a recent crack-down on seizing fire-arms by West Midlands Police.
Eleven police officers are under criminal investigation over their handling of child sex abuse allegations against Lord Janner.