With Bonfire Night approaching the Fire Service is urging people to celebrate safely.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service say the highest number of injuries happen at private firework parties.
- A sparkler reaches a temperature of up to 2,000 degrees Celsius - that's 20 times the boiling point of water.
- Sparklers get five times hotter than cooking oil.
- A rocket can reach 150 miles an hour.
- A firework shell can go as high as 200 metres.
- Three sparklers burning together generate the same heat as a blow-torch.
- Why do you see the explosion before hearing it? The sound travels at 742 mph but light travels 670,616,625.6 mph.