- Sausages have the nickname 'bangers', this name was given to them during World War II. Because there was a shortage of food, sausages had more water in them. When they were being cooked the water turned to steam and caused the sausages to explode.
- Sausages were first made 5,000 years ago.
- The most expensive sausage ever made was unveiled in London this year where a plate of sausage and mash with fine ingredients will set you back £75.
- The longest sausage in the world measured more than half a kilometre long, it was made in Italy in 2011 and weighed more than half a tonne.
- There are more than 470 sausage recipes and flavours in the UK.
- Sausages were banned by the Romans because they had a connection with pagan festivals.
- There is a restaurant in Germany where they serve sausage covered in gold as the owner believes the metal is good for your digestion.
More top news
West Midlands Police has paid out £5 million to telecom companies after using 'snooping powers' to look at mobile phone records of suspects.
The daughter of a woman killed when a double-decker bus crashed into a Sainsbury's has told ITV News she will be "sadly missed by all".
The family of a teenager who was killed when he was hit by a minibus in Warwick have paid tribute to him.