- In poor weather conditions, slow down, increase your stopping distance.
- Take care approaching bends, be gentle on the steering, the brake and accelerator.
- To avoid skidding on icy roads drive very slowly.
- Increase your stopping distance by up to ten times in bad weather conditions.
- Black ice is a glaze that forms on surfaces when light freezing rain falls, or ice on road surfaces. It is clear and hard to see.
- If you cannot avoid driving over ice shift into a low gear and do as little as possible, allowing the car to pass over the ice. Try and keep the steering wheel straight.
- If you feel the back end of your car sliding left or right, make a very gentle turn of the steering wheel in the same direction to avoid skidding.
- Slow down by de-accelerating, not by slamming on the brakes
More top news
It will turn cloudy in the morning with rain arriving soon after.
A sunny start for most. However cloudier skies will spread eastwards during the morning, with a few showers possible.
Fans had a chance to meet their favourite Team England stars as they showed off their medals in a big celebration at Victoria Square.