- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
The accident happened on the A46 in Drayton, near to Wildmoor Spa, at around 12.30pm.
33 people were assessed for possible carbon monoxide poisoning after an incident at an industrial premises in Ashbourne in Derbyshire.
Occasional rain easing. Feeling cold and damp.