- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
A dry day across the region with bright or sunny spells after a frosty start. However, cloud will tend to increase from the west by evening.
After a cold, bright and frosty start, skies will gradually turn cloudier through the afternoon. However, it will stay dry with light winds.
An engineer has been confirmed dead in the crash in Wales. The RAF say the pilot survived and is receiving treatment.