- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
Police have released footage of the moment a 12 year-old girl was knocked down by a hit-and-run driver on a zebra crossing in Birmingham.
East Midlands Airport is preparing for its busiest day as part of the Christmas getaway.
Genelle Aldred brings you the latest weekend weather for the East & West Midlands.