- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
The 31st Birmingham Jazz and Blues Festival is underway in Birmingham, entertaining crowds in the summer sunshine.
The twin brother of the police officer shot and blinded by gunman Raoul Moat says his family are still waiting for justice five years later.
The Duke of Edinburgh is in Leicestershire for a passing out parade at the country's only Defence Sixth Form College.