- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
A father of four from Birmingham says he is relieved to be back home after being arrested and detained in Portugal.
Tonight skies will remain fairly clear leading to a sharp frost forming even in city centres.
A cold night with clear spells and a few snow showers. These are likely to give a dusting, especially on hills.