- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
Pensioner's photo evidence being used in the hunt for two men captured on a stolen bike in an incident that saw him suffer a heart attack.
Snibston Discovery Museum in Coalville will close today, after campaigners lost a high court bid to prevent its closure.
A chilly start to what will be a mostly dry day with plenty of sunny spells. A few showers possible towards the end of the day.