- Know where the dangerous potholes are where you normally drive
- Keep your distance from the car in front in case the driver spots a pothole too late
- Stick to speed limit and drive slower than normal on smaller roads (potholes are more prevalent here)
- Never swerve to avoid potholes, drive slowly over it
- Report any dangerous potholes to the local authority
More top news
A rapist who attacked an elderly widow in her own home has been jailed for life, and must serve at least nine years behind bars.
The High Speed 2 rail project should be scrapped as it is likely to be delayed and over budget, according to a think-tank.
The outspoken Birmingham MP tweeted a picture of locksmiths ramping up security at her home after facing fresh intimidation on social media.