Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
After a wet and windy start, rain will clear to the north to leave it dry, with easing winds but largely cloudy skies.
Early rain will clear northwards during the morning, allowing drier conditions behind.
Thousands of patients have had their operations and appointments cancelled despite a strike by junior doctors being called off.