Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
A good deal of cloud but for many a dry day.
Bright morning across southern parts, after a chilly start, but thicker cloud in the northwest will push southeast during afternoon.
Dry with clear spells this evening, allowing temperatures to quickly fall close to freezing.