Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
West Midlands weather: Dry with sunny spells
East Midlands weather: Dry with sunny spells
Zabir Ali was forced to leave a plane just minutes before he was about to fly to Morocco with his wife on honeymoon.