Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Cold with some icy stretches to start. There will be sunny intervals and further blustery, wintry showers.
Early wintry showers will clear to give a mostly dry day with some sunny spells.
Scattered wintry showers will continue overnight. Clear spells will allow a frost to develop by morning.