Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
One or two showers are still likely but it should be mostly dry further inland, but large amounts of cloud could persist.
One or two showers are still likely but it should be mostly dry further inland with clear spells in places.
A man serving life for murdering two security guards has been handed a second life sentence for killing an inmate with a fish tank rock.