Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Isabelle Weall lost both her arms and legs to meningitis but she likes to inspire others by trying out new challenges.
For those looking to get the train home from work tonight be aware that there could be severe delays to trains out of London Euston.
Wintry showers with a risk of ice tonight.