Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
A sports coach from Nottingham who set up a charity to help youngsters is leaving to take up a key role at the Football Association.
East Midlands Ambulance Service are asking people to think twice before dialling 999 this Christmas, as it's stretched to the limit.
Genelle Aldred brings you the latest weather for the West Midlands.