Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
See what our 'Ballot Box' families made of the opposition party leaders going head to head in last night's live TV debate.
Vicky Westwood from Stourbridge died four months ago after being sent hundreds of letters claiming to be part of a lottery deal.
Generally dry and settled.