Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
We put together a guide on what's on this weekend for you in the Midlands.
A would-be jihadi bride has been found guilty of helping a young man to fight in Syria after they struck up a long-distance romance online.
Mainly dry and rather cloudy this evening and overnight. Some clear spells may develop at times.