Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
1200 people gathered early this morning to commemorate 100 years since the Battle of the Somme at Lincoln Castle.
A taxi driver from Arnold, Nottingham, has picked up the best fare of his life after scooping the £1 million EuroMillions prize.
Police are appealing to return a Military Medal to the family of a fallen soldier.