Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Loyal 5-year-old Emily from Nuneaton tells her heartbreaking story of spending the night alone by her dead mother's side.
Sleeping in hot temperatures can disrupt routine and confuse the body. Here are our top tips for managing to sleep in the heat.
London Midland has suspended all services between Birmingham New Street and Lichfield due to a fault with the overhead electric line.