Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Police are appealing for witnesses after a suspected flasher was captured on camera by a teenage girl.
A pair of armed robbers who threatened women in their own homes - including a mother and two-year-old child - have been jailed for 40 years.
A couple who got stuck on a cliffside ledge high in the Peak District were rescued by the emergency services after sending them a selfie.