Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Rail services on a commuter line in Birmingham have been delayed after a lorry smashed into a bridge, ripping the roof off its trailer.
A diving team has been called in to search a lake in Northampton in connection with the murder of a pensioner in 2015.
Labour MP Tristram Hunt has formally stood down from the House of Commons, paving the way for a by-election in Stoke-on-Trent Central.