Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Players' union chief Gordon Taylor has advised Saido Berahino against his strike threat at West Brom.
Staff at an animal rescue centre say they are amazed no-one has come forward to rescue a dog searching for a home for 11 years.
Showers becoming confined to coast. A cool northerly breeze.