Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Rain possibly heavy at times. Relatively mild overnight.
An area of cloud and outbreaks of rain will move southeastwards overnight, leading to a milder night than of late.
It's officially Autumn but has anyone told the weather? Find out what to expect over the next few days.