Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Unsettled with spells of rain, and some very windy weather.
Heavy rain clearing north, lighter rain later. Very windy weekend.
CCTV footage has captured the moment masked robbers raided a coffee shop, and beat staff with hammers and bats.