Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
A relative of the victim says he was attacked because he opened a window.
Autumn colours are beginning to burst through across the Midlands, here's a selection of your photos!
The prosecution has opened its case in the trial of three charged with gross negligence manslaughter after the death of a six-year-old boy.