Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
A second man has been charged with murder after 22-year-old Mohammed Miah was hit by a car in West Bromwich.
A family who manufactured illegal guns and bullets for criminals in the West Midlands have been jailed for a total of 47 years.
The woman who left an abusive note on an ambulance that was treating her sick neighbour has been evicted from her home.