Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
Fifty years after the Tracy brothers and Lady Penelope first hit TV screens, Thunderbirds returns in a new guise this weekend.
Fire-damaged parts of Radford's student accommodation are going to be demolished later today. The blaze started on Monday afternoon.
House prices in cities linked to London by HS2 are growing in value slower than the national average according to a new study.