Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
A dry bright and sunny start for most on Saturday. Some scattered showers will develop inland through the late morning.
A cold and frosty start to Saturday, though with some sunny spells. Showers then breaking out by afternoon.
A police chief has admitted his force were wrong to try to keep the identity of a Polish sex offender secret.