Some of the effects of acute morning sickness include:
- Severe vomiting which means the woman cannot keep food or liquid down.
- Sickness which lasts for the first three months
- Dehydration and weight loss
- The illness affects 3.5 people per 1,000 women
- It can cause the woman to vomit blood
- Other symptoms include severe nausea, low blood pressure and fast heart rate, headaches, lethargy or confusion.
More on this on the ITV National site.
More top news
The TV star has been recognised for her work encouraging young people to consider a career in aviation.
What does the weather have in store for the West Midlands overnight and into tomorrow? Read on to find out...
Read on for your East Midlands weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow...