As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Police investigating the theft of five-year-old Yorkshire terrier, dressed in a pink, have released images of a woman they'd like to trace
A man from Sutton-in-Ashfield in Nottinghamshire has been handed a six year prison term after helping a 17-year-old boy to join ISIS.
The daughter of a businessman shot and killed in a raid at a warehouse in Birmingham has issued an emotional appeal to find his killers.