As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Influential black figures have joined forces to speak out about a deadly disease that sees black men twice at risk compared to white men.
A mother from Gloucestershire says the driver made her daughter get out and walk in 'freezing conditions' when she didn't have enough money.
Occasional rain easing. Feeling cold and damp.