As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
After a rather cloudy start, the cloud will break up leaving a breezy day with sunny spells and scattered showers.
Sunny spells and scattered showers will develop during the morning. Some of these will become heavy and thundery after midday.
Cloudy with further outbreaks of rain, which are likely to become heavy at first. Staying generally dry after midnight.