As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Police have shut down a millionaire's house described as 'squalid' after receiving reports of crime involving tenants.
Storm Brian will bring plenty of strong winds into the region today with blustery, heavy showers later on.
A very windy day across the region with gales likely over hilly areas, leading to blustery showers.