As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Nosakhere Stephenson, known to his contacts as ‘Nosa’, is one of 18 men who were implicated in the supply of guns and ammunition
Heading to the shops on Black Friday? Help us tell the real story of the day by letting us know your experience.
The biggest shopping day of the year is almost upon us, so what is Black Friday and how can you get the best deals?