As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
A cold night, with clear spells developing for most. Tomorrow, generally fine and dry with plenty of sunshine, especially in the morning.
Clearer and colder overnight than of late, with many areas remaining dry. Isolated blustery showers may affect the Peak District at times.
Spring is literally around the corner and signs of it are starting to pop up. We would love to lots of pictures from all around the Midlands