As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
A senior court prosecutor from Worcester stabbed his wife in the head as she slept after a bout of depression brought on by work pressures.
A man has appeared at Birmingham Magistrates Court charged with the murder of another man who was found dead in Coventry on Monday night.
"This was an incident of domestic violence of the highest severity which sadly had tragic consequences."