As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
A man who fell 100ft from the top floor of Birmingham’s Bullring shopping centre remains in a critical condition today.
West Midlands officers who helped save the life of a father after he collapsed while running have been reunited with the grateful jogger.
"We are taking this incident very seriously and are eager to speak to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious behaviour."