As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Actress Sheridan Smith was rushed to hospital by ambulance after collapsing at a spa retreat, according to a newspaper.
Nottinghamshire County Council has apologised to a man who was forced to work as a child slave after being taken into foster care.
A D-Day veteran from Birmingham, who was shot three times during his wartime exploits, has died at the age of 101.