As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Thousands from around the country went to the Black Country to take part in Tough Guy - a challenge with more than 250 obstacles.
Mainly dry overnight but very cold with temperatures dropping sharply as winds ease down giving a widespread frost.
It will be dry with clear spells across the region overnight.