As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
It is a result of a campaign by Paul Gunter, whose nephew died while serving in Afghanistan.
The footballer was diagnosed with acute leukaemia last summer.
Plenty of sunshine to come and becoming hotter.