As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre is covering up some changing room mirrors - find out why and read one expert's opinion on it.
Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea Hospital takes Finnish inspiration to give parents baby boxes, credited with reducing infant mortality rates.
How does the Warwick tennis coach measure up against seven time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer?