As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
A man is in hospital after being shot in the face at a shrine to a murdered teenager who was fatally stabbed in Birmingham.
East Midlands athlete and world record holder Paula Radcliffe is ending her competitive career at the London Marathon today.
Tributes have been paid to a young BBC Radio presenter who lost his battle with skin cancer aged just 33.