As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Officer is found guilty of gross misconduct after failing to investigate the driving of a man with dementia two months before fatal crash.
She has previously refused to comment that she and her boyfriend, One Direction star Liam Payne from Wolverhampton, were expecting a baby.
With Storm Doris battering large swathes of the country, the woman's death comes as gusts of almost 95mph have been recorded.