As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
East Midlands weather: A cloudy and breezy day, with further outbreaks of rain, heavy at times.
West Midlands weather: Bank Holiday Monday is looking largely cloudy and damp, with outbreaks of rain on and off.
Friends and family of a little girl with cancer have been holding a fun day to raise funds to help her.