As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Although it's August, Leicestershire County Council says it has taken its first delivery of grit in preparation for the winter.
A four-year-old who has a rare form of muscular dystrophy has returned home for the first time after spending her whole life in hospital.
Police in Northamptonshire say there will be increased security at next weekend's British MotoGP at Silverstone.