As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
There are around 6,500 people in the UK waiting for a transplant. Some of them will be matched to a suitable donor. Sadly, many won't.
Turning colder, but mainly dry with sunshine.
Cold and frosty overnight. Dry, cold and sunny tomorrow.