As the weather gets colder across the Midlands, here's a few tips to staying warm and healthy this winter:
- Wear several thin layers, rather than one thick one.
- Wear clothes made from wool or cotton.
- Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark.
- Keep windows and internal doors closed.
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves when outdoors.
- Wear warm clothes in bed.
- Have your heating system serviced as soon as possible.
For more information on staying warm and healthy this winter, you can visit Age UK's website.
More top news
Two people have been injured in a house explosion this morning.
Motorists are being warned of havoc on the roads on Monday as snow turns into ice following a weekend wintry blast.
The latest West Midlands weather forecast has sun - but it's still a cold day ahead.