A teenage girl has died after a house fire in Shropshire.
The victim, whose age has not been released, was pronounced dead after firefighters were called to a fire at a property in Bagley Marsh, near Ellesmere, late on Saturday.
A spokesman for West Mercia Police said the emergency services were called at around 11.30pm to reports of a fire in a bedroom.
The police spokesman said:
"Officers from Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service found a teenager inside. Paramedics delivered first aid but were unable to revive her and she was declared dead at the scene at 12.25am.
"The death is being treated as unexplained but no-one else is thought to be involved."
Two adults who were also in the property were unharmed.
More top news
Norma Francis, from Gnosall, Staffordshire, was on holiday in Scotland with her husband when she became ill with norovirus.
Showers over the afternoon will start to fade out, leading to clear spells with light winds this evening.
Cold and dry today and overnight with a light, breezy wind.