The food can often mount up at Christmas with a lot going to waste before it can be eaten up. Derby City Council have put together some tips to avoid food waste and help save money.
• Plan ahead and make a shopping list.
• Watch the dates and freeze anything not needed, leftover party food like quiches and sausage rolls can be frozen and used in packed lunches when everyone goes back to work.
• Use leftovers to make batches of homemade soup or puddings.
• Use leftover Christmas dinner to make bubble and squeak for Boxing Day lunch.
• Fruit and vegetable peelings can be composted or if you have one, use local food waste collection services.
More top news
Any mist or fog will clear quickly during the morning leaving the rest of the day dry with plenty of hazy sunshine.
Saturday will be fine and dry with sunny spells but with a noticeable easterly breeze.
Former Aston Villa, Coventry City and Leicester City star Dion Dublin tells ITV News Central how he thinks his former teams are doing.