The food can often mount up at Christmas with a lot going to waste before it can be eaten up. Derby City Council have put together some tips to avoid food waste and help save money.
• Plan ahead and make a shopping list.
• Watch the dates and freeze anything not needed, leftover party food like quiches and sausage rolls can be frozen and used in packed lunches when everyone goes back to work.
• Use leftovers to make batches of homemade soup or puddings.
• Use leftover Christmas dinner to make bubble and squeak for Boxing Day lunch.
• Fruit and vegetable peelings can be composted or if you have one, use local food waste collection services.
More top news
Demi-Leigh Burn and Cameron Falkingham-Smith were last seen in Ledbury at around 2.30pm on Sunday.
A Worcester man has been charged with a Public Order Offence after allegedly wearing a T-shirt printed with comments about Hillsborough.
Officers mingled with more than 40,000 people and say there was a relatively low level of arrests for such a big event.