Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
A group of travellers who formed an illegal camp on the grounds of a Birmingham school have been removed.
An otter cub is recovering after being separated from her mother during last week's Storm Doris.
A school has been forced to partially close after travellers on the car park refused to move on.