Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
A Derby County legend has been honoured in one of the most unlikely places - a Spanish third division football club.
Burglars who stole items from a house in Nottinghamshire left a note scrawled on the kitchen counter.
Community activist Desmond Jaddoo made the comments after a man was fatally stabbed on a bus in Handsworth