Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
A man is in hospital after being shot in the face at a shrine to a murdered teenager who was fatally stabbed in Birmingham.
East Midlands athlete and world record holder Paula Radcliffe is ending her competitive career at the London Marathon today.
Tributes have been paid to a young BBC Radio presenter who lost his battle with skin cancer aged just 33.