Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Pet owners and cat lovers are being warned to stay on high alert after the so-called Croydon Cat Killer appeared to strike in another city.
A Birmingham man who inflicted devastating injuries on a sleeping man with a broken bottle has been jailed for over 17 years.
A shopkeeper in Wolverhampton beat off an armed robber at his convenience store with a set of step ladders.