Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Becoming wet and windy during the morning, with gales in exposure as occasionally heavy rain sweeps eastwards.
Police have released pictures of a crash scene after a 15 year old was killed in a hit and run.
Taking money from the rich to give to the poor is a debate as old as Nottingham's mythic son, so why are people still so divided on welfare?