Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Mostly dry with some sunshine, the odd chance of showers in some parts.
The spring bank holiday weekend is set to be the busiest on the roads in three years.
A village pub in Nottinghamshire hopes interest in an air crash 50 years ago will help provide the local air ambulance with a new helipad