Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
A war hero from Birmingham, who was captured as a prisoner of war, will fulfil a lifelong dream when he takes to the skies to fly a plane.
The Ending Female Genital Mutilation Together Conference will look at how to protect vulnerable young women and children at risk.
Derby County have unveiled a memorial at the iPro Stadium to their former player and manager Dave Mackay, who died in March.