Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a dog was found with a crossbow bolt through his skull near Peterborough
We have had decent dry spells throughout October and the sound of crunchy leaves will be replaced by wet ones as rain moved in.
As thousands gather in Leicester tonight to celebrate the 'festival of light' Diwali, Belgrave Road will be closed for four hours.