Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
The day will begin cloudy with outbreaks of rain but will start to become drier and less windy by the afternoon.
A wet and blustery start to the day but will turn brighter and staying cool throughout.
Gradually becoming drier and less windy across the region but some showers may continue.