Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Who will be flashing the cash in the Premier League before the transfer window closes later on tonight?
After an ITV News Central investigation into the hardships facing many grassroots clubs in the Midlands, we ask what help is available?
Leicester is then worst place to raise a family in England and the second worst in the UK, according to a new report.