Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
A pensioner who made neighbours' lives a misery, including displaying images of Miss Piggy to torment an overweight woman, has been jailed.
A newly promoted police officer caused a sensation with local women on Facebook
Headteachers could strike in protest at government plans to force schools to become academies