Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Further showers or longer spells of rain for many tonight, with it being heavy at times. Strong winds will also continue.
Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has earned himself a place in football's history today after scoring against Manchester United.
Further showers or longer spells of rain for many tonight, heavy at times, particularly over the hills.