Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Up to 90,000 Aston Villa, Shrewsbury Town and Coventry City fans are expected to descend on the capital over the bank holiday weekend.
Peterborough United have continued their busy start to the summer with the signing of Dundee midfielder Mark O'Hara.
Mekel Sterling was mistakenly shot dead outside shops in Birmingham in September 2017.