Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Entertainer Russell Brand has given his support to a drink and drug rehabilitation unit which could close because of budget cuts.
Almost a third of vets who treat pets have seen puppies they believe have been imported illegally in the past year, research has revealed.
A woman from Nottinghamshire who was conned out of £500 says she's angry and ashamed at being the victim of a scam.