Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
Two men from Cheltenham have been banned from going near or contacting girls under 18 after a court heard they'd exploited a teenage girl.
Almost 700 jobs are to be created in the Midlands when Royal Mail opens two temporary parcel sort centres.
A man who shot dead a teenager as he sat in a parked car in Ladywood, Birmingham earlier this year has been convicted of murdering him.