Here's a few tips to getting the most out of your recycling:
- Reuse glass jars.
- Reuse plastic carrier bags as bin liners or return them to your local supermarket to be recycled.
- Buy products with packaging which is recyclable.
- Use resealable and reusable containers for storing food.
- Buy goods that are made from recycled material.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, toilets and showers.
- Use kerbside recycling schemes if available.
- Visit recycling banks.
- Have a recycling bin next to your ordinary bin in the house.
More top news
New guidance on when a "major incident" can be declared by hospitals has been criticised by Labour in a furious showdown in the Commons.
A largely sunny, but cold, afternoon with the odd isolated wintry shower possible.
Becoming brighter with sunny spells but a few sleet and snow showers will develop.