The Civil Aviation Authority says customers have a number of rights they may not be aware of, and advises how to exercise them.
- Rights to a refund or another flight
- Rights to care and help at the airport
- Extra help for vulnerable passengers
- Package holidays
Rights to a refund or another flight
- If your flight has been cancelled, your airline must get you to your destination or offer a full refund.
- If delayed by more than 5 hours and you no longer want to travel, you're entitled to a full refund.
- Transfer passengers are entitled to a flight back to the original departure point.
- If you accept a refund your airline no longer has to look after you.
- If the disruption is severe, your airline may advise you to make your own travel arrangements and will reimburse costs. Make a note of the conversation, ask the airline to update your booking with details of the agreement.
For more information on your flight rights see the ITV News website.
More top news
Clear spells and breeze easing.
Mostly dry with clear spells overnight.
As Birmingham bids for the Commonwealth Games, we have been looking at sporting venues in the city which could be involved in the event.