Three in hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning

Three people from Birmingham have been taken to hospital after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

West Midlands Ambulance Service says fumes from a barbeque entered a residential property on Lodge Road in Hockley last night.

All three patients, a woman in her 30’s, a man in his 40’s and a man in his late teens, were displaying classic symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning; they were complaining of nausea, vomiting and severe headaches.

The patients were treated at the scene and conveyed to City Hospital for further oxygen therapy.

– West Midlands Ambulance spokeswoman