- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Ihsanullah Sarfaraz admitted sexually assaulting the 18-year-old after she and a friend hailed his private hire taxi.
Long-distance swimmer Ben Hooper says being stung by a Portuguese man of war was 'worse than any of the stings he'd had so far'.
The High Court has granted residency to a man from Leicester, who had been linked to Sikh extremist groups.