- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Mark Williams from Wolverhampton was on a trekking expedition when the earthquake struck, and his family have not heard from him since.
World Superbike champion and TV presenter joined thousands of other bikers at an event to raise money for the Midlands Air Ambulance.
Over 15,000 people were expected to turn out for the Vaisakhi festival celebrations in Leicester today.