- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
A largely cloud afternoon with some patchy rain for some. Winds will also increase through the afternoon.
A motorway policeman came to the unusual rescue of a newborn and his mum yesterday after a dramatic arrival on the hard shoulder of the M42.
The Midland's city is in carnival mood as Leicester City face Manchester United in a match that could secure them the championship crown.