- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Very windy this evening with gales in some places. Rain moving east
Windy with heavy rain this evening, then gales and showers later on
The 100,000th supporter is set to walk through the turnstiles at the Ricoh Arena tomorrow for Wasps' sixth game since moving to Coventry.