- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
This weekend is the last chance to see the Big Hoot owls - all together - before they're auctioned off for the city's Children's Hospital.
It's just over a year since a tornado hit Alfreton in Derbyshire ripping off roof tiles and smashing windows. We take a look back....
Any mist or fog will clear quickly during the morning leaving the rest of the day dry with plenty of hazy sunshine.