- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
It will be a breezy, but still a rather cloudy day across the region with intermittent drizzle possible.
Remaining cloudy but with a freshening southeasterly breeze helping to clear much of the mist and hill fog.
Another cloudy and murky night with extensive low cloud giving hill fog and some patchy light rain or drizzle.