- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
It'll be occasionally bright during the morning but cloud will increase by midday with possible spells of light rain or drizzle.
Mostly dry and bright during the morning but with thickening cloud bringing some rain or drizzle through the afternoon.
A passenger who had a bout of air rage onboard a flight to Birmingham has been jailed after drunkenly abusing crew with offensive tirades.