- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
John Stapleton hosts lively political debate from Conservative MP Mark Spencer, Labour MP Gisela Stewart, & Liberal Democrat John Hemming.
In 1976 civil wedding ceremonies outnumbered religious weddings for the first time. In 2012, only 30 per cent of weddings were religious.
The most accurate statistics on marriage came out in 2012. Here's the highlights of what the Office for National Statistics found.