- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Nottingham Trent University has released a statement after building cladding inspections led to the temporary relocation of some students.
It happened at a rail depot near Daventry in Northamptonshire.
Crimestoppers have pledged the additional funding for the recovery of medals lost by a D-Day veteran on his way back from Normandy.