- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Leicestershire Police are appealing for help in finding a missing teenager from Leicester.
Charity claims five have been arrested of British man's killing, and suggests there may be more to come.
Generally cloudy with outbreaks of rain, which may be heavy at times.