- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
We caught up with the Solihull tennis star's big sister to ask what it's like having a British number three in the family...
Demonstrations are happening up and down the country tonight in response to the inauguration of Donald Trump.
Richard Bernard was found injured outside his flat in Derby. He died a short time later from stab wounds.