- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Unsettled with spells of rain, and some very windy weather.
Heavy rain clearing north, lighter rain later. Very windy weekend.
CCTV footage has captured the moment masked robbers raided a coffee shop, and beat staff with hammers and bats.