- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder by police investigating the death of 21-year-old Reuben Morris-Laing earlier this week.
Clear overnight then sunny during Sunday.
A cold night with long clear spells, with a sunny day ahead.