- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
A man has been jailed for 16 years for repeatedly stabbing his partner before turning on her 13-year old son, who came to his mother's aid.
Staffordshire County Council discovered the rare minute-by-minute witness account.
At it's height 23 firefighters were called out to tackle the fire.