- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
The Chief Constable has urged the public to be vigilant following last night’s suspected terrorist attack in Manchester.
The inquest into the death of an 11-year-old girl who fell from a theme park water ride has been adjourned
Police forces from across the region have been expressing their solidarity with colleagues in Manchester following last nights attack.