- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Thousands of people across the Midlands will be converging on shopping centres from early doors for those big Boxing Day sale bargains.
A survey suggests around half of Premier League clubs are operating "discriminatory" season ticket policies for disabled sports fans.
Christmas Day Truce memorial plaque unveiled in Nottinghamshire