- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
More than 60 Nottingham institutions and businesses are heading to Parliament Square to boost the city's profile.
A man who groomed and had a sexual relationship with a teenage girl after meeting her at a riding school has been jailed for nine years.
A man was rushed to hospital on Saturday night after being stabbed in a McDonalds restaurant in Birmingham.