- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Most firms will allow staff to finish early or work flexible hours to watch the Rugby World Cup, but not in the Midlands.
Harvey Hadden Sports Village has opened today following a £16m transformation.
Sunny spells and showers, feeling cool in a northerly breeze.