- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Police are searching for a driver who was involved in a crash in which an 83-year-old man from Coventry died.
Police are appealing for information in the search for a 12-year-old girl who has gone missing from her home in Derbyshire.
Sir Mo Farah will run his last ever track race in Great Britain at the Grand Prix in Birmingham today.