- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
The Council have visited the site to consider how to improve security at the cemetery.
A world record musical busk will be staged in Dudley town centre next week to mark to launch of this year's Black Country Festival.
A British couple injured in the Tunisian beach terror attack have told ITV News they have been through a physical and mental trauma.