- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Cloud and rain clearing to leave sunny spells today.
Mainly dry with sunny spells, after initial cloud and patchy light rain clears away.
Marches to protest against extremism and terrorism were held in Birmingham city centre today.