- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Alastair Cook's England still have the chance to become the Ashes heroes of 2015 as the third test gets underway at Edgbaston.
Mainly fine and dry at first before showers develop through the morning, these becoming locally heavy through the afternoon.
Today will be day of sunshine and scattered showers, with the showers possibly turning heavy in places.