- Self-harm is not a mental illness, nor is it an attempt to commit suicide.
- It doesn't just affect girls. Boys self-harm too, but they are much less likely to tell anyone about it.
- Young people from all walks of life self-harm, regardless of their social or ethnic background.
- Self-harm is not a fashion fad, nor is it 'attention seeking behaviour'.
- It is not easy for a young person to stop self-harming behaviour.
According to charity YouthNet.
More top news
Slowly brightening up later in the day, with some warm sunny spells possible by evening.
Any mist and low cloud will clear during the morning, leaving bright or sunny spells.
Beginning grey and murky again with extensive low cloud and some patchy rain.