Firefighters in Coventry rescued a four-month-old baby from a house fire this morning.
Crews were alerted to the blaze at 3.46am and arrived at the property in Dawes Close in the Stoke area to find a severe fire in the ground floor kitchen.
The baby boy was trapped in a first floor bedroom.
Six firefighters searched through dense smoke and quickly located the child who was in a moses basket.
He was taken to hospital in a critical condition suffering smoke inhalation.
West Midlands Fire Service said the baby is now on the road to recovery.