A Care Quality Commission report out today raises concerns over the pathology department at King's Mill hospital in Nottinghamshire.
The inspection followed the recall of 79 breast cancer patients over concerns surrounding test results.
- Poor communication between pathologists and hospital directors.
- The pathology department was without a leader for five years between 2003 and 2007, with the role being covered by locum staff, and a number of permanent posts were not filled.
- Equipment in the department was outdated.
- The hospital’s action plan in relation to mortality rates was not being clearly monitored by the trust board.
- Processes to detect changes in performance or risk were not robust enough.
More top news
Mostly cloudy with showery rain at times, giving locally heavier bursts.
Some may see the odd brighter spell, where it will feel a little humid.
30 year old Christian Bagley suffered two stab wounds as he walked under the Hunderton Bridge in Hereford 2 years ago.