To be eligible for one of the houses being sold for a pound in Stoke-on-Trent you must:
- Have a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Be currently working at least 16 hours per week and have been in continuous and secure employment or self-employment for the last two years.
- Not own property whether in Stoke-on-Trent or elsewhere.
- Currently reside and have had your primary home in Stoke on Trent for the last 3 years immediately before the application.
- Have a gross income or a joint income of at least £18,000 and not more than £25,000 per year or £30,000 per year if you have dependent children.
- Agree to reimburse the Council for the improvement costs, with the Council providing low interest financial assistance.
- Intend and undertake to occupy the property as your main and principle home for a minimum period of at least five years.
- Not own assets valued at more than £10,000 in aggregate.
For full details of the eligibility criteria go to the Stoke on Trent city council website.
More top news
The Birmingham singer's dream ended when she lost out to girl group Four of Diamonds in Sunday's sing-off.
"Street cruising in the city has escalated recently posing a real threat to innocent, law-abiding motorists and pedestrians."
It will be a grey start to Monday with patchy rain and drizzle moving in from the south.