To be eligible for one of the houses being sold for a pound in Stoke-on-Trent you must:
- Have a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Be currently working at least 16 hours per week and have been in continuous and secure employment or self-employment for the last two years.
- Not own property whether in Stoke-on-Trent or elsewhere.
- Currently reside and have had your primary home in Stoke on Trent for the last 3 years immediately before the application.
- Have a gross income or a joint income of at least £18,000 and not more than £25,000 per year or £30,000 per year if you have dependent children.
- Agree to reimburse the Council for the improvement costs, with the Council providing low interest financial assistance.
- Intend and undertake to occupy the property as your main and principle home for a minimum period of at least five years.
- Not own assets valued at more than £10,000 in aggregate.
For full details of the eligibility criteria go to the Stoke on Trent city council website.
More top news
Police are appealing for urgent help to trace a Bakewell woman who is missing from her home.
ITV News Central has been speaking to arachnophobes across the region but we want to know what you do to keep the 8 legged friends at bay.
Our Channel Islands colleagues have been in their archives and rooted out a special interview with the holidaying cast of Crossroads in 1971