To be eligible for one of the houses being sold for a pound in Stoke-on-Trent you must:
- Have a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Be currently working at least 16 hours per week and have been in continuous and secure employment or self-employment for the last two years.
- Not own property whether in Stoke-on-Trent or elsewhere.
- Currently reside and have had your primary home in Stoke on Trent for the last 3 years immediately before the application.
- Have a gross income or a joint income of at least £18,000 and not more than £25,000 per year or £30,000 per year if you have dependent children.
- Agree to reimburse the Council for the improvement costs, with the Council providing low interest financial assistance.
- Intend and undertake to occupy the property as your main and principle home for a minimum period of at least five years.
- Not own assets valued at more than £10,000 in aggregate.
For full details of the eligibility criteria go to the Stoke on Trent city council website.
More top news
Police are concerned for the welfare of Samantha Baldwin and her children, nine-year-old Louis Madge and six-year-old Dylan Madge
Gareth Morgan has been appointed, subject to being ratified by the Police and Crime Panel.
The new £15.7 million facility at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire is being officially opened tomorrow.