To be eligible for one of the houses being sold for a pound in Stoke-on-Trent you must:
- Have a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Be currently working at least 16 hours per week and have been in continuous and secure employment or self-employment for the last two years.
- Not own property whether in Stoke-on-Trent or elsewhere.
- Currently reside and have had your primary home in Stoke on Trent for the last 3 years immediately before the application.
- Have a gross income or a joint income of at least £18,000 and not more than £25,000 per year or £30,000 per year if you have dependent children.
- Agree to reimburse the Council for the improvement costs, with the Council providing low interest financial assistance.
- Intend and undertake to occupy the property as your main and principle home for a minimum period of at least five years.
- Not own assets valued at more than £10,000 in aggregate.
For full details of the eligibility criteria go to the Stoke on Trent city council website.
More top news
The Ministry of Defence has named the engineer killed in the Red Arrows crash as Corporal Jonathan Bayliss.
Mrs May and Mr Corbyn both paid tribute to the RAF engineer who died after a Red Arrows jet crashed at RAF Valley on Anglesey yesterday.
The Oscar-winning director filmed part of sci-fi film Real Player one in Digbeth in 2016.