To be eligible for one of the houses being sold for a pound in Stoke-on-Trent you must:
- Have a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Be currently working at least 16 hours per week and have been in continuous and secure employment or self-employment for the last two years.
- Not own property whether in Stoke-on-Trent or elsewhere.
- Currently reside and have had your primary home in Stoke on Trent for the last 3 years immediately before the application.
- Have a gross income or a joint income of at least £18,000 and not more than £25,000 per year or £30,000 per year if you have dependent children.
- Agree to reimburse the Council for the improvement costs, with the Council providing low interest financial assistance.
- Intend and undertake to occupy the property as your main and principle home for a minimum period of at least five years.
- Not own assets valued at more than £10,000 in aggregate.
For full details of the eligibility criteria go to the Stoke on Trent city council website.
More top news
Brendon Batson had been planning to meet up with his friend Cyrille Regis before he died. The pair were part of the iconic 'Three Degrees'.
Another cold day, with strong winds and wintry showers easing through the morning, leaving a sunny afternoon. Possible severe gales tonight.
Another cold, windy day, sometimes bright, but with wintry showers, these locally heavy over Derbyshire hills. Then possible severe gales.