To be eligible for one of the houses being sold for a pound in Stoke-on-Trent you must:
- Have a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Be currently working at least 16 hours per week and have been in continuous and secure employment or self-employment for the last two years.
- Not own property whether in Stoke-on-Trent or elsewhere.
- Currently reside and have had your primary home in Stoke on Trent for the last 3 years immediately before the application.
- Have a gross income or a joint income of at least £18,000 and not more than £25,000 per year or £30,000 per year if you have dependent children.
- Agree to reimburse the Council for the improvement costs, with the Council providing low interest financial assistance.
- Intend and undertake to occupy the property as your main and principle home for a minimum period of at least five years.
- Not own assets valued at more than £10,000 in aggregate.
For full details of the eligibility criteria go to the Stoke on Trent city council website.
More top news
John Stapleton hosts lively political debate from Conservative MP Mark Spencer, Labour MP Gisela Stewart, & Liberal Democrat John Hemming.
In 1976 civil wedding ceremonies outnumbered religious weddings for the first time. In 2012, only 30 per cent of weddings were religious.
The most accurate statistics on marriage came out in 2012. Here's the highlights of what the Office for National Statistics found.