- Birmingham New Street is the busiest station outside London with a train leaving the station every 37 seconds
- It is also the busiest interchange station in the UK
- More then 140,000 people use the station, double the number it was catered for
- 1000 workers are on the site, working 24 hours a day
- There are 36 new escalators and 15 new lifts following phase one of the redevelopment
Commuters at New Street this morning have largely welcomed major changes to the station in Birmingham.
See rare pictures of how Birmingham New Street looked in the 1850s to how things are now as it becomes a 21st century station.
An exhibition is on display to show people using Birmingham New Street more about the ongoing multi-million pound revamp of the station.