New road works have been announced by Leicester City Council, which will coincide with existing work being carried out in the city.
Road works beginning tomorrow in Leicester:
- Border Drive: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed between Red Hill Way and Bewcastle Grove
- Humberstone Drive: drainage work. Temporary lights in place between Herongate Road and Thurmaston Lane
- Herongate Road: drainage work. Temporary lights as required near to Heybridge Road
On-going works in the city:
- Peacock Lane: road closed from St Nicholas Circle heading towards the cathedral
- Pluto Close: new development. Road closed
- Rutland Street: building works. Lane restrictions at Charles Street junction
- Newarke Street: experimental lane closure. One-lane closed between Magazine and Pocklingtons Walk
- Western Road: building works. Road closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street
- Wimbledon Street: construction work. Road closed at junction with Humberstone Road. One-way order reversed, access from Southampton Street
- Applegate: Resurfacing works to be carried out before the road is reopened
Becoming dry and clear tonight, sunny spells tomorrow.
Fine and mostly dry, with sunny spells and isolated showers.
Mainly dry with some sunny spells. Feeling warmer.