The Abell family find out tomorrow if they have been crowned Britain's most money savvy family in a national competition.
Here Julie Abell shares some of her family money saving tips:
- Don't throw things away before thinking about how you might use them again. An example of this is using bananas for banana bread when they have turned black.
- Use water butts to collect water to use during the summer for washing the car or watering your fruit and vegetables. A dustbin will suffice.
- Shop around. Order your 'big shop' online then buy your fruit and vegetables from local markets towards the end of the day when the food is being sold cheaper.
- Think long term. The Abell family bought a trailer for £100 to avoid paying for delivery of building materials, and avoid paying for collections of garden waste.
- Treat your family as a joint consumer. Some companies offer discounts for multiple mobile phone contracts or insurance policies.
More top news
Isaac Williams was pronounced dead on Monday.
The 'obsessive and manipulative' stalker was found guilty of murder after his ex was found with cuts to her throat as deep as her spine.
Over 20 people have been arrested since the investigation launched in February.