The Abell family find out tomorrow if they have been crowned Britain's most money savvy family in a national competition.
Here Julie Abell shares some of her family money saving tips:
- Don't throw things away before thinking about how you might use them again. An example of this is using bananas for banana bread when they have turned black.
- Use water butts to collect water to use during the summer for washing the car or watering your fruit and vegetables. A dustbin will suffice.
- Shop around. Order your 'big shop' online then buy your fruit and vegetables from local markets towards the end of the day when the food is being sold cheaper.
- Think long term. The Abell family bought a trailer for £100 to avoid paying for delivery of building materials, and avoid paying for collections of garden waste.
- Treat your family as a joint consumer. Some companies offer discounts for multiple mobile phone contracts or insurance policies.
More top news
A mostly dry day but with a few showers, particularly during the evening.
A generally cloudy day, although some bright or sunny intervals are also likely.
A man from Northampton has found internet fame after a video of him failing to climb a wall on a Tough Mudder challenge went viral