Seven Midlands Conservative MPs have opposed plans to build a new high speed rail line linking London and Birmingham.
The controversial HS2 bill was given the go-ahead last night despite significant opposition.
Midlands Conservative MPs who voted against:
- Andrew Bridgen (North West Leicestershire)
- Dan Byles (North Warwickshire)
- Bill Cash (Stone)
- Philip Hollobone (Kettering)
- Andrea Leadsom (South Northamptonshire)
- Jeremy Lefroy (Stafford)
- Chris White (Warwick and Leamington)
An influential group of MPs says the DfT has failed to present 'a convincing strategic case' for HS2.
Campaigners say they hope to put plans for HS2 through the Midlands back to square one as they prepare to go to the High Court tomorrow.
Campaigners from HS2 Action Alliance are heading to London tomorrow to take on the Government at the Court of Appeal.