England are odds-on favourites to win the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
- England are 4/5 to take the match, with Australia and the draw both at 3/1.
- In terms of the series, England are again odds-on for victory, at 4/11. Australia are 4/1, with a drawn series at 11/2.
- The home side are 12/1 to whitewash Australia 5-0, with the reverse score-line 200/1.
Warwickshire and Nottinghamshire are represented in the England side by two players each.
- Warwickshire batsman Jonathan Trott is fourth favourite, and as short as 6/1, to be the leading runs scorer over the five Tests, with county team mate Ian Bell at 12/1.
- Nottinghamshire’s Graeme Swann is second favourite to take the most wickets this series, at 9/2, and Stuart Broad is 7/1.
Trent Bridge is also third favourite (7/2) to see the most runs in the series, behind Lord’s and The Oval.
(All odds courtesy of Ladbrokes).
Ahead of the fourth day of the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge, the hopes of England lie with their men from the Midlands.
England and Australia will renew hostilities in the eagerly-awaited Ashes series, as the first Test gets underway today at Trent Bridge.
A look at some of the key statistics of Ashes Tests at Trent Bridge.