England are odds-on favourites to win the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
- England are 4/5 to take the match, with Australia and the draw both at 3/1.
- In terms of the series, England are again odds-on for victory, at 4/11. Australia are 4/1, with a drawn series at 11/2.
- The home side are 12/1 to whitewash Australia 5-0, with the reverse score-line 200/1.
Warwickshire and Nottinghamshire are represented in the England side by two players each.
- Warwickshire batsman Jonathan Trott is fourth favourite, and as short as 6/1, to be the leading runs scorer over the five Tests, with county team mate Ian Bell at 12/1.
- Nottinghamshire’s Graeme Swann is second favourite to take the most wickets this series, at 9/2, and Stuart Broad is 7/1.
Trent Bridge is also third favourite (7/2) to see the most runs in the series, behind Lord’s and The Oval.
(All odds courtesy of Ladbrokes).