Residents in Handsworth and carnival attendees are being warned of road closures during the carnival which takes place tomorrow Sunday 4th August.
30,000 people are expected at the carnival with thousands lining the streets to cheer on the procession of steel bands, floats and carnival troupes as they weave through Handsworth from Holyhead Road to Handsworth Park
• An exclusion zone will be implemented on the day containing roads bordering Rookery Road, Oxhill Road/Church Lane, Hamstead Road, Villa Road, Soho Road from 9am and 11am until 8.30pm with Soho Road only being closed while the procession passes along to Handsworth Park.
• All households within the exclusion zone have been provided with letters containing two red vehicle passes to gain entry to their roads.
• Residents and businesses along Grove Lane between Albert Road and Herbert Road have been issued with a special blue pass to park on Hinstock Road.
• Limited public parking will be available (weather dependent) in Handsworth Park via Hamstead Road.
• Disabled car parking for blue badge holders will be via Hinstock Road.
More top news
A traffic warden was issuing parking fines outside a school, but that's not why parents are angry at him...
The father of Jeremiah Regis-Ngaujah was in court to see his son's killer jailed.
Chevaze Sanchez McGregor, who murdered his two-year-old stepson, can be seen shoving family members following an argument.