Residents in Handsworth and carnival attendees are being warned of road closures during the carnival which takes place tomorrow Sunday 4th August.
30,000 people are expected at the carnival with thousands lining the streets to cheer on the procession of steel bands, floats and carnival troupes as they weave through Handsworth from Holyhead Road to Handsworth Park
• An exclusion zone will be implemented on the day containing roads bordering Rookery Road, Oxhill Road/Church Lane, Hamstead Road, Villa Road, Soho Road from 9am and 11am until 8.30pm with Soho Road only being closed while the procession passes along to Handsworth Park.
• All households within the exclusion zone have been provided with letters containing two red vehicle passes to gain entry to their roads.
• Residents and businesses along Grove Lane between Albert Road and Herbert Road have been issued with a special blue pass to park on Hinstock Road.
• Limited public parking will be available (weather dependent) in Handsworth Park via Hamstead Road.
• Disabled car parking for blue badge holders will be via Hinstock Road.
More top news
Detectives have released a photograph of a man they want to speak to after a woman was robbed at a cemetery in Nottingham.
Inquests have been opened into the deaths of seven people from the Midlands killed in the Tunisia terror attacks.
Thousands of people across the Midlands stood still at noon today to remember those killed in the Tunisian terror attack.