A deaf couple from Burbage were trapped when a gas explosion caused their home to collapse.
Michael and Angela Broderick, who are both deaf, escaped with minor injuries after being trapped in their own bungalow on the 12th August.
They survived thanks to recently-fitted fire alarms, designed for the hearing-impaired, which vibrated under their pillows and woke them both.
More top news
Theresa May visited the village of Calverton in the marginal seat of Sherwood to see a project to tackle speeding motorists.
A man who died after being hit by a Tube train as he tried to save his brother had earlier been to watch his team Shrewsbury Town FC.
He invented a false identity to lure the Walsall schoolgirl into sex as he exploited and controlled her during an online grooming campaign.