- Name: Dan Evans
- Born: 23/05/1990 in Birmingham
- Ranked: 179 in the world
- Best ranking: 169
- Favourite surface: Clay
- Began playing tennis aged seven
- Part of the British team that won the World Junior Tennis Competition in the Czech Republic in 2004
- Coached by Mark Taylor at the Nottingham Performance Academy
- ATP debut as a wild card at Queen's Club in 2008
- Grand Slam debut as a wild card at Wimbledon in 2009
- Davis Cup debut for Great Britain against Poland in 2009
- One career title Challenger title, in Jersey 2009
- Nine career Futures titles
- Lead the British team to victory against Slovakia in a 2012 Davis Cup tie, beating Lukas Lacko and Martin Klizan in the singles matches. Both were ranked significantly higher than him
- Qualified for the 2013 US Open after three qualifier wins
- Knocked out 11th seed Kei Nishikori in the first round
More top news
A Nottinghamshire Police officer has been nominated for a Bravery Award for helping a man who was threatening to jump off a bridge.
James Golding, who has survived cancer twice, has broken the record for the furthest distance cycled in seven days.
The Crown Prosecution Service is to announce its decision later on whether individuals and organisations will face criminal charges.