- Name: Dan Evans
- Born: 23/05/1990 in Birmingham
- Ranked: 179 in the world
- Best ranking: 169
- Favourite surface: Clay
- Began playing tennis aged seven
- Part of the British team that won the World Junior Tennis Competition in the Czech Republic in 2004
- Coached by Mark Taylor at the Nottingham Performance Academy
- ATP debut as a wild card at Queen's Club in 2008
- Grand Slam debut as a wild card at Wimbledon in 2009
- Davis Cup debut for Great Britain against Poland in 2009
- One career title Challenger title, in Jersey 2009
- Nine career Futures titles
- Lead the British team to victory against Slovakia in a 2012 Davis Cup tie, beating Lukas Lacko and Martin Klizan in the singles matches. Both were ranked significantly higher than him
- Qualified for the 2013 US Open after three qualifier wins
- Knocked out 11th seed Kei Nishikori in the first round
More top news
It will be a mild weekend with sunny spells.
The rain will clear leaving it a brighter and largely dry Saturday.
Seven-week-old puppies began their journey to becoming life-changing guide dogs today.