- Name: Dan Evans
- Born: 23/05/1990 in Birmingham
- Ranked: 179 in the world
- Best ranking: 169
- Favourite surface: Clay
- Began playing tennis aged seven
- Part of the British team that won the World Junior Tennis Competition in the Czech Republic in 2004
- Coached by Mark Taylor at the Nottingham Performance Academy
- ATP debut as a wild card at Queen's Club in 2008
- Grand Slam debut as a wild card at Wimbledon in 2009
- Davis Cup debut for Great Britain against Poland in 2009
- One career title Challenger title, in Jersey 2009
- Nine career Futures titles
- Lead the British team to victory against Slovakia in a 2012 Davis Cup tie, beating Lukas Lacko and Martin Klizan in the singles matches. Both were ranked significantly higher than him
- Qualified for the 2013 US Open after three qualifier wins
- Knocked out 11th seed Kei Nishikori in the first round
More top news
The day will begin cloudy with outbreaks of rain but will start to become drier and less windy by the afternoon.
A wet and blustery start to the day but will turn brighter and staying cool throughout.
Gradually becoming drier and less windy across the region but some showers may continue.