A Birmingham couple jailed for six years after making more than £1million worth of bogus claims for taxi fares spent their money on designer clothes and luxury hotels.
Inquiries established 42 year old, Lisa Burrows, a regional CPS finance manager, spent nearly £250,000 on her credit card during the fraud.
Burrows and her partner, Tahir Mahmood, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud shortly after their arrest in February this year.
How the money was spent
- The Roosevelt (£2,354) and Continental (£8,000) hotels in New York
- £6,000 in designer clothing and jewellery shops
- £10,000 staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai
- £13,000 on business class flights
- Spent thousands in UK shops, including Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols
More top news
ITV Central's Health Correspondent was given exclusive access to the A&E department which is of most concern to Jeremy Hunt.
The Trust, which is in special measures, was named and shamed by the Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt as being one of the worst in the country.
Paul Farrelly, the Labour MP for Newcastle-under-Lyme, told ITV Central's political programme Central Lobby.