A Birmingham couple jailed for six years after making more than £1million worth of bogus claims for taxi fares spent their money on designer clothes and luxury hotels.
Inquiries established 42 year old, Lisa Burrows, a regional CPS finance manager, spent nearly £250,000 on her credit card during the fraud.
Burrows and her partner, Tahir Mahmood, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud shortly after their arrest in February this year.
How the money was spent
- The Roosevelt (£2,354) and Continental (£8,000) hotels in New York
- £6,000 in designer clothing and jewellery shops
- £10,000 staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai
- £13,000 on business class flights
- Spent thousands in UK shops, including Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols
More top news
Weight of people trying to sign caused government petition to website to crash as Europhiles try to force a rerun of the EU vote.
The pool in Kings Heath, Birmingham, temporarily closed after a bug which can cause diarrhoea and vomiting entered the water.
North East Lincolnshire Council have released park and ride details and information on the free amenities available over this weekend.