A Birmingham couple jailed for six years after making more than £1million worth of bogus claims for taxi fares spent their money on designer clothes and luxury hotels.
Inquiries established 42 year old, Lisa Burrows, a regional CPS finance manager, spent nearly £250,000 on her credit card during the fraud.
Burrows and her partner, Tahir Mahmood, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud shortly after their arrest in February this year.
How the money was spent
- The Roosevelt (£2,354) and Continental (£8,000) hotels in New York
- £6,000 in designer clothing and jewellery shops
- £10,000 staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai
- £13,000 on business class flights
- Spent thousands in UK shops, including Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols
More top news
Unsettled through the rest of the week.
Low cloud and hill fog eventually clearing, then showers arriving.
A man was injured after a shooting in Birmingham in February.