A Birmingham couple jailed for six years after making more than £1million worth of bogus claims for taxi fares spent their money on designer clothes and luxury hotels.
Inquiries established 42 year old, Lisa Burrows, a regional CPS finance manager, spent nearly £250,000 on her credit card during the fraud.
Burrows and her partner, Tahir Mahmood, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud shortly after their arrest in February this year.
How the money was spent
- The Roosevelt (£2,354) and Continental (£8,000) hotels in New York
- £6,000 in designer clothing and jewellery shops
- £10,000 staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai
- £13,000 on business class flights
- Spent thousands in UK shops, including Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols
More top news
They were taken as a precaution, and residents are being advised to keep windows and doors closed as teams continue to clear the spill.
Footage released shows the moment the two carriages collided in what’s been described as ‘the equivalent of a family car crashing at 90mph’
Rashid Abdilah Jama, aged 39, was sentenced today to 13 and a half years at Birmingham Crown Court for raping a woman in Alum Rock in 2005.