- More than three million people are expected to visit the new attraction today
- An estimated 10,000 people will visit the new Library each day after that
- The project cost £188.8 million - below the original estimate of £193 million
- The building is 35,000m2 in size and rises 59.5m above Centenary Square
- 4,000m2 of that is a new 'backstage' area for the Birmingham REP
- 30,000m3 of material was dug out of the basement in preparation for building work to start - enough to fill 60,000 bath tubs
More top news
Police are urging shoppers and revellers to allow extra time this weekend as 100,000s are expected to arrive into Birmingham New Street.
It'll be an unsettled weekend with wet, windy and cold weather.
Men walked a mile long route around Worcester today in ladies' shoes to show their opposition to male violence against women and girls.