RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
Another wet day tomorrow with rain continuing throughout the morning.
Heavy rain gradually moves away northwards, however it will remain cloudy with further periods of rain.
Nottingham Trent University has released a statement after building cladding inspections led to the temporary relocation of some students.