RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
CCTV footage has captured the moment masked robbers raided a coffee shop, and beat staff with hammers and bats.
A father has spoken of his anxiety of waiting to go into surgery five times, to then be told to “go home” at the last minute.
Olympic medallist Kristian Thomas has announced his retirement from gymnastics.