RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
An RAC recovery driver securing a vehicle narrowly avoids being killed by a lorry driver who swerves across the motorway hard shoulder.
Stuart Broad insists his tweet about the the minimum wage was an innocent observation rather than a response to Kevin Pietersen
A young mother and son have been reunited with a kindly stranger who left them £5 and a note, praising her mothering skills.