RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
A coach carrying schoolchildren has collided with a van in Warwickshire.
A brave ten-year-old has shaved off all her hair in front of her classmates to raise money for the hospice which cared for her dying dad.
Company bosses have confirmed that more than 300 workers will lose their jobs at the Goodyear factory in Wolverhampton.