RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
West Midlands Police released pictures of two men who allegedly stabbed and robbed an 18-year-old man in Birmingham.
Feeling cooler with outbreaks of rain, heavy at times.
Turning cooler and more unsettled.