RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
Detectives are urging the public to help trace two men after a 96-year-old prisoner of war was attacked during a burglary at his home.
A neighbour’s CCTV captured images of a man spraying the vehicle with a flammable liquid, before setting it alight and running off.
Another dry and bright day on Friday with some decent sunny spells. The strengthening southeasterly wind will make it feel rather cold.