RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
A nine week-old baby has escaped unhurt after a car overturned and crashed into a 7 foot-high wall in Handsworth.
A father was trapped for more than two hours after falling eleven feet when lounge floorboards gave way at a house in Hockley, Birmingham.
It will be another mild day for the time of year, remaining windy and cloudy for all areas with patchy rain or drizzle at times.