RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
Dry start, with some brighter spells. However turning breezy, with rain spreading east during the morning.
A rather cloudy and wet day with rain, sometimes heavy, spreading northeast through the morning
A halal butchers in Walsall has been left badly damaged in a fire-bomb attack. Detectives say they are keeping an 'open mind'.