RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
Patchy fog likely, perhaps with some drizzle tomorrow.
Dry with variable cloud overnight. Breezy but mainly dry Thursday.
In the West Midlands almost seven out of every 10 people are overweight or obese, whilst 81% are unaware about the link with cancer.