RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
Isolated showers will largely die away, and winds will decrease. Feeling chilly with clear spells.
Any early showers will die away leaving most of the evening and night dry with clear spells.
All Saints Church in Kings Heath, Birmingham, has much community involvement, especially this year.