RoSPA has issued advice to parents concerned about accidental poisoning in the home.
- Keep all vitamins and pills safe and away from children
- Install child-resistant locks on cabinets - which are safer than "child-proof"
- Store household cleaning products in a locked cupboard
- DIY and gardening products should also be locked safely away
- Never keep dangerous products in the fridge
- If your child does swallow something dangerous, keep a sample of what they swallowed so health professionals have a better idea of how to help
- Learn basic first aid
More top news
Feeling less cold than recent days with winds easing and some long sunny periods. Most areas will be dry throughout.
A cold start with some icy patches. Largely dry and sunny through the day, with any showers soon dying out and winds easing too.
Scattered wintry showers during the evening will become fewer and further between overnight, with westerly winds tending to ease.