A leading doctor at Birmingham Children's Hospital has warned about the potentially lethal consequences of children accidentally swallowing cleaning products.
There are 140,000 hospital admissions every year involving children and chemicals or medication.
Dr Ben Stanhope spoke earlier to parents at an event organised by safety charity RoSPA, to warn parents of the dangers and encourage them to keep dangerous household chemicals out of their children's reach.
More top news
Rain at first will bring low cloud and hill fog. Some improvement is expected during the day with some showers and sunny spells.
Cloudy and windy with occasional rain or drizzle, perhaps occasionally bright, then becoming mainly dry during the evening.
Police have begun searching a lake at a park in Coventry as they continue their investigation into the disappearance of Nicola Payne.