A series of major cultural events would be planned in Leicester if it wins the title of UK City of Culture 2017.
The winning city will be announced on Wednesday.
The events planned for 2017 include:
- A city-wide outdoor summer spectacular
- A mass-participation play based on the story of Richard III, to be performed in locations across Leicestershire
- A virtual portal in Leicester Market linking with markets in Poland, India and and Africa
- Several new works from British artist Conrad Shawcross
- Artworks reflecting the stories of market towns and communities across Leicestershire
- Curve Theatre would host a one month residency by the dancer Akram Khan, who performed at the London 2012 opening ceremony
- A series of gigs at De Montfort Hall from artists which have played there through the years
- Exhibition on Roman Britain at New Walk Museum
- Work commissioned from children as young as six
- Enhanced programmes for existing events such as the Dave Comedy Festival, the Mela and the Caribbean Carnival
- Events like Proms In The Park and Radio 1's One Big Weekend would be invited to the city in 2017