Faulty electrics sparked fire which killed four

Faulty electrical wiring was to blame for a blaze which ripped through a Derbyshire home, killing four people, investigators said today.

Two boys, 12-year-old Jordan Green, and Tyler Green, 9, died in hospital following the fire.

Jordan (left) and Tyler Green
Jordan (left) and Tyler Green Credit: Family handout

Their mother, 32-year-old Josie Leighton, and her friend Claire James, 27, both died at the scene.

An investigation was launched by Derbyshire Police and Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service after the fire, which spread through the home in North Wingfield on November 20.

It has now been concluded, with experts saying it was an accidental fire.

The house where four people died in a fire
The house where four people died in a fire Credit: ITV News Central

Advertisement

Faulty wiring caused fatal fire

Investigators believe faulty electrical wiring is to blame for a house fire in Derbyshire which left four people dead.