Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
A 10-year-old girl from Sutton Coldfield has decided to shave her head for charity, because she wants to help cheer people up.
West Midlands Ambulance Service shared these pictures on social media.
A man who murdered his two-year-old stepson in Wolverhampton after the child suffered more than 100 injuries is to be sentenced.