Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
The driving instructor who recorded the incident called it an example of 'Instant Justice' on the streets of Coventry.
A hidden camera catches the moment an intruder clambers into a ‘honeypot house’
A 30-year-old man was arrested in Birmingham on Sunday on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts.