Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
Former Loughborough magistrate Zaher Somani has been sentenced to 3-and-a-half years in jail for a £250,000 tax fraud.
Remaining cold with sunny spells and further scattered rain and sleet showers.
Another cold feeling afternoon. There will be a scattering of wintry showers, but snow mainly confined to hills.