Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
He demanded the money after placing a carrier bag containing what appeared to be a heavy object on the counter.
Closures will be in place on the Aston Expressway, Park Circus and Salford Circus. There will be some full weekend closures and diversions.
West Midlands Police have said specially trained police negotiators are speaking with the woman to try and talk her down to safety.