Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
"He was limping so when he dropped down on one knee I thought he was about to collapse - and then he proposed!"
A driving lesson took an unusual turn when the instructor halted the lesson to help a group of ducklings cross a dual carriageway.
Police have refused to comment on claims that a goat was removed from a house in Coventry, where a bomb disposal team was drafted in.