Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
Becoming wet and windy during the morning, with gales in exposure as occasionally heavy rain sweeps eastwards.
Police have released pictures of a crash scene after a 15 year old was killed in a hit and run.
Taking money from the rich to give to the poor is a debate as old as Nottingham's mythic son, so why are people still so divided on welfare?