Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
An ejector seat manufacturer has admitted breaching health and safety law over the death of a Red Arrows pilot.
Alison MacKenzie discusses the Midland's biggest political events this month with MPs from across the region.
Remaining rather cloudy, but the patchy light rain will ease and clear during the evening.