Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
Cloud will spread to all parts overnight, bringing outbreaks of rain.
This weekend has it all, weather-wise anyway, almost all the elements are involved. Sunshine, showers, wind and rain too. Details here
A drier, brighter but colder day than Thursday. Sunny spells are likely, although it will turn cloudier in the afternoon.