Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
Two people have been seriously injured in a crash between a motorbike and a car this afternoon.
A woman who underwent a keyhole hysterectomy woke up to find two of her teeth had gone missing.
This summer Birmingham is playing host to 100 giant, colourful owl sculptures which are dotted around the city.