Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
Screen and sporting legends are backing Birmingham's bid to host in 2022.
A mother of six autistic children tells ITV News Central she believes her husband, who killed himself, was also on the spectrum.
Three days of memorials are underway to remember a pioneering Jamaican Bishop who founded an international church movement in Birmingham.