Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
Birmingham's Edgbaston Stadium is expected to gain a £25.3m economic boost, says Marketing Birmingham Regional Observatory.
A man's been given an 18 week suspended prison sentence after his three dogs died in a hot car in Peterborough.
Sunny periods, but becoming windier later. Band of rain overnight.