Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
A grey start with fog and drizzle. Brightening up inland, some warm, sunny spells developing.
Mist and low cloud at first will be slow to clear. Gradually brightening up later though with some sunny spells developing.
After being denied legal cannabis-based medicine, ITV News speaks to a man who says he's forced to turn to illegal drugs for his pain relief