Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
After a rather cloudy start, the cloud will break up leaving a breezy day with sunny spells and scattered showers.
Sunny spells and scattered showers will develop during the morning. Some of these will become heavy and thundery after midday.
Cloudy with further outbreaks of rain, which are likely to become heavy at first. Staying generally dry after midnight.