Key stats from Ofsted report for West Midlands:
- 74% of primary schools are good or outstanding compared with a national average of 78%.
- In 10 out of the 14 local authorities, over a quarter of primary pupils attend a school that is not yet good.
- 51% of colleges were judged as good or better against 72% nationally.
Key stats from Ofsted report for East Midlands:
- In two thirds of local authorities the number of good and outstanding schools has risen or maintained high levels.
- The proportion of good or outstanding primary schools has increased from 65% to 77%.
- A third of further education and skills provision needs improvement or is satisfactory.
More top news
There are reports hundreds of passengers are waiting to pass through security checks.
The new SATs means children as young as five are being tested on material such as punctuation and fractions, two years earlier.
It happened at a car park in Aston and the owner of the silver 4x4 had to cut his vehicle free.